Author Topic: Please help!!! 23 month dreadful night terrors/wakings and early WU  (Read 688 times)

Offline donegalciara

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Hi all and thanks in advance for any help/advice you can offer me. Our little girl, 23 months has always been a dream sleeper from about 4/5 months. She self-soothes and usually sings herself to sleep on her own. She never had any problems in getting to sleep and always slept 12-13 hrs (not including her nap of 1-2Hrs). Our routine has never changed and she is a happy, very very active toddler during the day.

However in the last 3 weeks she has started having dreadful night wakings and terrors. She can wake up to 5 or 6 times a night now. Her screaming is terrifying. Sometimes she won't let us touch her and when she does lets us console her and we eventually get her calmed, we can't leave her room without her going hysterical. It's gotten to the point that I've slept in her toddler bed with her and when she would scream out she would touch my face and it would calm her. This is so unlike her. Usually she wouldn't let you near her in the bed and wouldn't ever sleep next to us. Other than the fact that I'm exhausted from lack of sleep and a full time job, I'm starting to really worry about her and just don't know what's wrong or what I can do to help.

Her routine is as follows:
8am - I usually have to wake her up
8.20 - breakfast
12.30 - nap (usually 1-2 hrs max)
2.30 - lunch
6.30 - supper
7.30 - bath, story, bed.
Even as a young baby she never looked for milk or a drink during the night so this is all very out of character for her. If anyone can help me I'de be so grateful.
Thank you

Offline lolsyb1982

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 34
Re: Please help!!! 23 month dreadful night terrors/wakings and early WU
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 10:31:33 am »
Hi we recently had this kind of thing and it was an ear infection. Might be worth getting her checked over by a doctor.

Or 2yr molars causing discomfort maybe? Have you tried any meds at BT to see if it makes a difference?
Lauren

Offline K-JDA

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 11:48:04 am »
Hi

We also are just starting to come out of the same thing and it was a double ear infection and second year molars combined. We've had 5 weeks of it so far. You have my sympathies as it is very tough when sleep becomes very difficult for our LOs.

Offline donegalciara

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2014, 10:52:43 am »
Thanks so much for all your advice. She is just over a bad chest infection and had several check ups so it's not an ear infection so it must be the molars. It just feels like they've been cutting for the last 3 months!!! We just had 2 full nights sleep so fingers crossed it's starting to settle again. Roll on these final teeth!!!