Author Topic: Just starting and getting frustrated? Hang in there....it works!!  (Read 953 times)

Offline awinkza

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Hi all! I just wanted to offer a bit of encouragement here since I just implemented EASY after a good bit of accidental parenting - there are a few things I learned that I thought might be helpful.

1. It is very important to really understand what you are doing, hopefully before you start. 
 For example, I read Tracy's first book and while I was still trying to finish reading, I jumped into using EASY and trying to transition my almost 3 month old so that she would take naps, and do so without being nursed to sleep, which is what we were doing before.  Somehow I thought you were supposed to do the PU/PD...so that's what I started with...and although it sort of worked, I found out about 4 days in that that wouldn't be the preferred way - Shhh/pat in the crib was the way to go. Probably explains why my poor DD kept getting more and more agitated.  Too stimulated. Also, I didn't realize that after a few days of staying in the room for the 20 minutes until they are in deep sleep, that you need to start leaving once they get calm.  Once again, I think I created more agitation with this because she would see me there and start to cry again.  Also - having a good wind down routine is essential....every piece of the puzzle is important!

2. Starting at the same time every day is just as important as staying on the age appropriate routine.
I wasn't doing this at first, I was just doing a 3 hour cycle whenever my DD woke up and that made it all harder and didn't allow her to adjust as quickly. 

3. If something isn't working right, ask for feedback! Tracy's second book "The Baby Whisperer Solves All Your Problems" is an amazing resource as well!!  I was having a problem with short naps and I was reading and reading and it wasn't until I mentioned my problems to a friend who used this method that she gave me good insights and pointed out that the fact that I was staying in the room too long was probably also why I was getting the short naps because I had come to be the prop and when my DD would wake up, she would lay there happily but she  had become dependent on me to get to sleep so without me there she stayed awake!

Stick with it and really go for it as Tracy describes or you will likely be creating new problems :)

;)

Offline Lana

• Dragon Lady
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1103
  • Red Ninjini
Re: Just starting and getting frustrated? Hang in there....it works!!
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 13:38:13 pm »
always great to read a success story!!  thank you for sharing!

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 11:34:44 am »
:D

Offline clefkon

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 12:18:35 pm »
Thanks for posting! I'm on day 6 of EASY and this is really, really helpful, especially the point on leaving the room as I didn't realise that :)