Author Topic: pacifying at night  (Read 892 times)

Offline twinmama2

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: October 31, 2014, 16:36:19 pm »
My 12 month old boys wake to eat 1-2 times a night.  And until recently, they would nurse for 10-15 minutes, pull off and go back to bed without a fuss.  The last few nights when I feed them they want to pacify on me for an hour or more and scream their heads off when I unlatch them and try to put them back in their cribs.  I have no clue what happened!  They have always gone to sleep on their own, and are often awake when we put them back in their cribs after a night feeding.  It has never been a problem for them before.  Does anyone have any ideas why this might be happening all of a sudden??

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
Re: pacifying at night
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 23:41:42 pm »
I've not come across that really. Are they going to sleep independently for naps and BT?
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011

Offline twinmama2

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 16:40:38 pm »
They do go to sleep at naps and BT by themselves which is why I'm not sure what to do about this.  Up until recently we often put them back in their cribs awake after a night feed and they would fall back asleep on their own without a fuss.  Now there's a lot of fussing and crying when we put them back to bed.  :(

Offline weaver

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 210
  • May your choices reflect your hopes not your fears
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2014, 21:58:19 pm »
Could be a routine thing maybe? Amy chance they are undertired and want to play not sleep, hence the protests?
*Anne*, loving mama to a honeybee (2010) and a sweetpea (2012).  BF for 4 proud years.