Author Topic: Need a routine check and waking at 5am :)  (Read 991 times)

Offline UkMummy

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Need a routine check and waking at 5am :)
« on: November 05, 2014, 08:07:09 am »
HI Everyone  :)
We are only on day 3 of starting the baby whisperer routine and my 5 month old has taken to it like a duck to water, she loves it. I just wanted to check we were doing everything right and wondering if you could help with 5am waking. She has been waking at 5am for weeks now just cooing in her cot, I try ignoring her and she eventually falls back to sleep. day one of starting the BW she slept soundly until 7am and on day 2 she did the same but she woke at 5am again today, went back to sleep at 6:30 am.She's a angel baby, only needs a comfort blanket to fall asleep with. This has been our routine so far:
E 7:00 am 7/8 oz of milk
A
S 9:00 am to 10:45
Y
E 11:00 am 8 oz of milk
A
S 1:00pm - 2:45 pm
Y
E 3:00pm- 8 oz of milk
A
S 4:45pm 5:15pm
Y
A bath
E 6:300pm 8 oz of milk
S placed in at cot for 7pm asleep by 7:15 pm
10:30 4 oz dream feed.

This is what we have been doing so far, I thought we cracked at 5am waking but looks like she's gone back to it. Any suggestions? x

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: Need a routine check and waking at 5am :)
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 12:46:20 pm »
Probably hitting the (joyful) beginnings of the 3-2 nap transition - we are right there with you!!  I would start to gradually work on increasing A times across the day starting with the first one, aiming to get rid of the catnap over the next few weeks :) All about the 3-2 transition- 5/6 months

Offline UkMummy

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 13:59:37 pm »
Thank you for getting back to me. I think you could be right, about cutting back out the cat nap. She can sometimes fight her cat nap. The problem I have is that I have to pick my older daughter up from school for half past 3 so I have to Get Belle up at 2:45, change and feed her and set off to school at 3:15pm so I can't really let her nap any later. I will try and work on a longer A time and would a quick 15 mins cat nap work for now? last week she refused a cat Nap and got very OT and would only take 1 oz of her milk and had a very unsettled nights sleep. x

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 09:11:28 am »
That is tricky, if you stick with EASY naps will continue to move forwards and will inevitably start clashing with your school run.  I wonder if you might have to consider changing to a shorter morning nap and long lunchtime/early afternoon nap kind of routine in order to accommodate your other commitments?  A quick CN is fine though, you don't have to lose it completely straight away and may find you need it on and off for another few weeks depending on how the rest of the day goes.