Author Topic: Night waking 8 months  (Read 701 times)

Offline linghu84

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: November 05, 2014, 13:01:47 pm »
Hi,

My DS just turned 8 months old. He is on a 3.5 EASY now. Naps for about 2-3 hrs in total during the da and at night for about 10.5-11.5 hrs. We started dreaming feeding him at 4 month and by 6 month he started to sleep from 7pm until 4,5 am the next morning, so I stopped dream feeding. However that only lasted a couple of weeks then he has been waking up at night every 4-5 hrs wanting to eat. I know that he doesn't need the feeding because when He wakes up in the morning he doesn't eat and he doesn't eat much during the day. How can I get him to drink more during the day? I breastfeed him so it's hard to try to feed him more during the day.

Right now he has 3 solid meals a day, at 7Am, 12pm then 5:00pm. Then I nurse at 10:00am , 3:00pm and then 6:oopm. He goes to bed at around 6:30pm and wakes 5:30 or 6:00am. At night he wakes once at around 10:30 and then 3:00am.

Any advices?

Offline Ima shel Alon

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 204
  • Alon was once a tiny baby
Re: Night waking 8 months
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 10:42:07 am »
Two things come to my mind that you can try.
One is that you can swap the feeding with the solids, so you BF first and only about an hour later you give him solids. It can be that because he is taking solids first and only later BF that he full from the solids and doesn't take enough milk.
The second thing you can try, because it's only 2NF you try to get rid of, is to shorten them by a minute every 3 nights. If it takes him now, say, 15min to BF at night you are going to shorten it to 14min, stick with it for 3 nights and then go down to 13min and so on. By the end of it he shouldn't wake up anymore for feeds and if he would wake you'd know for sure he is not hungry because you gradually transfer those calories from night time to day time.
Saying that, I am not sure if he is going to be able to last a whole night with no feed... Some BF babies still need a NF till much later on.

It could be that the NW have to do with his routine, so if you'd like you can post your EASY and we can have a look if he is getting enough A time. It could be that 3.5h EASY cycle is not enough for him anymore.
My journey of making 1000 goodies using unrefined sugar: http://1000crumbs.com/