Author Topic: 6.5 month old EASY - not enough feeds during the day?  (Read 945 times)

Offline MiasMama

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
6.5 month old EASY - not enough feeds during the day?
« on: November 05, 2014, 20:34:47 pm »
Hi,

I am a mom of 3 with my youngest a DS who is 6.5 months old. He is a textbook/Angel baby (which is a fun change after 2 very spirited DDs : ). He was on a great 3 hour routine and waking up just once to nurse at night (around 3-4am). However, since he switched to 2 naps and the 4 hour routine, he's started nursing again at midnight as well as 4am. He's not eating a lot of solid foods, just experimenting, so that's not adding any calories. What I can't figure out is how many times to nurse during the day. Too many and it might make him a snacker, too few and he wakes up at night.

4:30am: Nurse
7am: Wake up and nurse
10am: nap
12pm: Wake up and nurse
3pm: nap
4:30pm/5pm: Wake up and nurse
7pm: Nurse and BT
Midnight: Nurse
4am: Nurse
7am: Wake up and nurse

Any ideas or suggestions for me? Is it just his 6 month growth spurt that he's added another feeding or is there another way to get him more calories during the day so he feeds less at night?

Thank you!

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: 6.5 month old EASY - not enough feeds during the day?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 12:41:57 pm »
I suspect it may be the growth spurt that's added in a feeding, we are at 23 weeks here and often have two night feeds in addition to 4/5 day feeds.  You could try offering a top-up feed 30 mins after his main feed as that milk is meant to be quite high in calories, but tbh if he won't take it there probably isn't a lot more that you can do with an EBF baby.  May well be a case of riding it out until solids are more established.  What do you think?  EASY looks fab by the way!