Author Topic: DD waking at 6 every morning and crying  (Read 834 times)

Offline linny75

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: November 07, 2014, 06:51:08 am »
Hi all
I'm not sure I'm posting in the right area. My DD is coming up to 11 months old on the 15th November. For the past few weeks she has been waking at 6am (give or take 5 mins ), crying. Literally she wakes and cries immediately, which tells me that she hasn't had enough sleep. I don't get her out of bed straight away but try to soothe her back to sleep, and leave the room but she doesn't go back to sleep, her screams just get louder. This is her easy currently

6am- awake and cries (ideally i think it should be 7 awake and breastfeed, as she wakes crying)
I try soothe her til about 6.30, but she doesn't go back to sleep so I get her up.
7am- breastfeed
9.30- nap
11am- wake and breastfeed
12- lunch, solids
2.30- nap
3.15/3.30- awake (usually after 1hr)
3.45/4- snack
5- dinner , solid
5.45/6-  bath, pjs
6.25/6.39 last breastfeed, brush teeth, story
6.45- in cot and usually asleep by 7 (or slightly after ).

Yesterday I reduced made her first nap 15min later and reduced it by 15min. Is this the right routine tweak?
Or should I try wake to sleep again- I have tried this before but it doesn't seem to work with her

Thanks for any help you can give

Offline linny75

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: DD waking at 6 every morning and crying
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 13:42:43 pm »
Can anyone help? Bump

Offline Kellyjs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 14:00:50 pm »
Hi, you say she's 11mo? That's an amazing day for that age, I wish we had had that!! Sorry, probably not what you want to hear, but as that's an 11hr night it's not considered as an early morning waking.

Is it a recent thing that she's waking crying? It may be that she's the type that doesn't want to lie quietly in bed and is just ready to get up! With that amount of sleep throughout the day and overnight i wouldn't expect she's wanting more sleep in the morning unless she's particularly high sleep needs dyt?

Personally I would look at moving out that first nap of the day at this age as that's quite a short first A, but as she's sleeping well overnight and for her naps you may not want to. I will give you a link to have a look over so you're prepared as to what tweaks may have to happen in the next few months x

From 2 to 1 nap transition (10-12m and older)

Offline linny75

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 14:14:59 pm »
Hi
Yes she is nearly 11 months. I know I initially thought 11hr straight is fab...but the reason I think it's not enough for her is, when I put her to bed early (due to a bad nap day ), she is asleep from 6.15 right through to 6 (so wakes same time), but wakes up talking to herself, cooing, before I go get here. There's no immediate crying as soon as she opens her eyes. So I'm thinking she actually requires more than 11 hrs at night. So I'm not sure exactly what to do to help her get there

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2014, 14:42:59 pm »
She's obviously good at tacking on extra sleep she's missed from the bad nap day which is good then!

It might be worth taking off 15mins from her second nap then to encourage more overnight sleep? Wdyt? So I'd move the first nap later by 15mins so the next nap is 15mins later so your BT is the same if you get that? Confusing I know!

Offline linny75

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2014, 14:49:19 pm »
Is it ok to do it this way which I did yesterday and doing today - nap at 9.45 rather than 9.30, and awake at 11 (so 15 min less sleep in the morning). Afternoon I've kept the same. I've done it this way as her morning nap is always the longest

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2014, 17:54:53 pm »
It's up to you really. Personally I would look at capping the shortest nap more and more as that's what you'll have to do further down the 2-1 transition. Alternatively if you want the afternoon one to be the longest, look at capping the morning one. The link I posted earlier will explain it fully x