Author Topic: Am I doing this right??!!!  (Read 917 times)

Offline LizWaby76

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: November 10, 2014, 13:29:50 pm »
Hi All

Advice greatly needed please!!  I have been working on implementing 3 hour EASY for my 6 week old DS but Ive got two other children that I am trying to fit this around with school runs etc.  A typical (good) day looks like this, but the 45 minute nap thing is such a nightmare, is this developmental? 

E - 7.00am
A
S - 8.30 (he will fall asleep in pram on school run and stay asleep till next feed)

E - 10.00am
A
S - 11.00 (takes me 45 mins or so to settle him swaddled and he will only sleep for about 30/40 mins tops and wakes up hysterical and cries until next feed)

E - 1.00pm
A
S - 2.15 (i put him in the pram and we go for a walk until school pick up and he will stay asleep until next feed)

E - 4.00pm
A
S - 5.00pm ish (30/40 min cat nap in sling)

Bath - 6.15
E - 6.30
S - 7.00pm (he goes to sleep now without too much fuss, swaddled, and wakes around 1am and 4am - although he does thin his day starts at 5am but I only give him a small feed and wont get him up till 0630 at the earliest to try and keep the routine)

I feel I cant get any major consistency of him sleeping in his cot because of the school runs, when I do put him n his cot he screams and fits his swaddling and gets so upset.  I persever and he does eventually go off but I cannot get him back to sleep when he wakes.

Any advice or pointers would be brilliant... :)

Thank you

Liz xxxx

Offline nevinsmama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
Re: Am I doing this right??!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 02:30:12 am »
YES! You are doing this right and it looks like you are coping pretty well. The 45 minute thing IS developmental and it will pass. WIth regards to your routine, 2nd and 3rd LOs sometimes have to put up with a lot and he will be OK. With LO SO tiny still I wouldn't try for any more than 1 nap, as it seems you are doing, in the crib and if you need to AP the rest than that is totally fine. Have you got a good tight swaddle and white noise and a good dark room? Have you started a wind-down routine? It is totally fine to lay him down quite sleepy at this age and help him from there. I would watch that the A time, to the best of your abilities, doesn't go over 1 hour and 20 minutes or so. If LO has a short nap than I wouldn't do more than an hour following that. Hope this helps! Hang in there, you are doing great!

Maryn

[/url]