Author Topic: 7 month old EASY - tweaks needed during teething & daylight savings?  (Read 983 times)

Offline little_hoss

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Hey ya'll! My 7 month old has THRIVED on EASY since about 3 months old.
She switched to naps 2x a day (3 hour A time with 1.5-2 hr nap) around 6 months. She would generally wake around 6:30 or 7 and go to sleep around 6:30 or 7, depending on how the day went.
She's 7 months, 1 weeks now and we've hit a few potholes and wanted to know what you guys think. It may be because of daylight savings, or the tooth that she's cutting, but she's been off.
She's been waking at around 5 or 5:30. We let her play in her crib until she really cries, which tends to be around 6:30 or 7. Then the day looks like this:
A 5:30
Bottle @ 7
Breakfast at 7:30
S 8:30
A 10:30
Bottle @ 10:30
Lunch at 12
S 1 or 1:30 (depending on how sleepy she gets, today she only lasted 2 hrs before losing it)
A 3 or 3:30
Bottle @ 3 or 3:30
... so here's where the question lies.
I've been generally doing dinner around 5:30, then bath and bed... usually putting her to bed at 6:30. (Generally 3 hours after she wakes up from her 2nd nap)
- Am I extending her bed time too late? (I've read that bed time should be 12 hours after wake time, but it feels insane to put her to bed at 5 or 5:30)
- Should I give her a 3rd cat nap around 5:30-6 and then extend bed time to 7:30?
- Should I keep doing what I'm doing and see where it goes?

Thoughts based on your experience?
xo

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: 7 month old EASY - tweaks needed during teething & daylight savings?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 20:46:11 pm »
If she is doing two 2h naps then a 13h day is fine :). I wouldn't extend her day any further though, and I think at this age a catnap will probably cause more issues than it solves.  DST and teething can always cause issues with early mornings but I think if you are having two long naps then you will need to work on pushing her first nap later (by the clock) regardless of wake-up time as an 8.30am long nap will be continuing to reinforce the early WU time.  I would push the nap forwards 10 mins or so every few days so not before 8.40am, then not before 8.50am etc until the morning WU time starts to improve.  Hope that helps!