Author Topic: 9mo old EAS?  (Read 797 times)

Offline Adelheid

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
9mo old EAS?
« on: November 11, 2014, 08:04:22 am »
Just trying to tweak my 9mo old EAS. His naps have morphed into 45min and he generally wakes up from his second one upset and cranky.

Currently, this is his EAS:

7am WU, BF
8am Solids
11am S (45-1.15h)
Noon Formula
2pm Solids
4pm S (45min)
4:45pm Formula
6:30 Solids
7:30 Formula
8 BT

(4h A time)

His first nap use to be 2+ hrs every day. Even with a 4h A time. I have tried reducing his A time in the am, thinking he was OT. But, his nap was STILL 45min long. He wakes up soon cranky in the afternoon. Def not enough sleep by then (w the two 45min naps).
Should I push his A time to be longer? He's super active. Some times, if we've been out and he goes to bed later, he falls asleep in like 2min! Normally, he will pull himself up in his crib, chew on the sides and refuse nap time for a good while. (I do start "nap" time early so that he is asleep by 4hrs.).

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: 9mo old EAS?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 20:36:31 pm »
Sounds like you need an A time push before the first nap hun, we got up to 4.5h by late 9 months with DD.  I'd try that and maybe aim for an UT catnap (if he'll take it) slightly sooner, say 3.5h.  Or if he'll do a long nap 2h+ you could potentially throw in some one nap days with 4.5-5h A to bedtime and see how he copes?  First one nap day was at 10mo here with DD x