Author Topic: crying when going to sleep  (Read 859 times)

Offline ellina piccolina

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: November 11, 2014, 22:14:04 pm »
Hello everyone! I need help !! My 5 month old baby girl struggling to fall asleep. until ten days ago, we put her to bed and did shhhhh we held her hand and she fell asleep. Now at night and during nap time she cries a lot as soon as we put it to bed. when we pull up and keep her up, she calms down after a while, especially if we go in the other room. It seems that she just wants to sleep in our arms. Our rutine has not changed. Why is she crying so much? it is possible that you may already separation anxiety? she is too tired? if we go on like this I'm afraid it begins to associate the bed with a bad thing
helpppppp !!!! ??? ???

Offline lauradj

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 61
Re: crying when going to sleep
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 03:17:12 am »
How do you set the stage for her nap?  Could it just be a mantra cry?  Might she be going through early teething?

What’s a mantra cry?

Offline zoem

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 22:04:19 pm »
Sounds like maybe you need to extend her A times. I has this with my LO a few weeks Agi and extending the A time worked

Offline Kellyjs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
Re: crying when going to sleep
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2014, 07:24:57 am »
I agree with zoem. We had this at around 5mo which I mistakenly thought was SA. I think there's a big developmental leap around this time that coincides with a need for increase in A time. Average A time is around 2.5hrs. What is her A time currently?