Author Topic: how does EASY help with short night sleep?  (Read 922 times)

Offline duoduo

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
how does EASY help with short night sleep?
« on: November 15, 2014, 02:42:44 am »
my boy is 6-week-old, doesn't sleep well at night,wakes up after 1.5~2 hours and need feed, sometimes it gets worse, I have to get up every 40mins ~ 1hour, I don't know if it's growing spruts or not.

I am trying to do EASY for him, but every day is difference.

I am doing mix feeding, at night, one side breast feeding or up to him, I always offer both side. and try to add formula after (he doesn't eat lot, only 20~30ml,sometimes 50~60ml), hoping that helps him sleep long, but doesn't help.

I am exhausted, I need more sleep, what can I do to extend his night sleep?

Offline nevinsmama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
Re: how does EASY help with short night sleep?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 19:47:49 pm »
HI there! It's tough isn't it! You will be OK. Honestly, what you describe sounds fairly typical. Do you have any help so you can grab a bit of sleep in the daytime? Has LO got a good firm swaddle, white noise (LOUD) and a good dark room? Have a look here and let us know if we can help.How do you feel about some co-sleeping for these early days?  http://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=1993.0

Maryn

[/url]

Offline duoduo

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: how does EASY help with short night sleep?
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 23:21:44 pm »
thank u for reply and the link, yours is the 1st response in 2 days, does it mean this topic is a tough one? ;D

survived the first 3 months? does it mean things can be change/get better in 3 months by themselves? if that's the case, at least there is a hope, just wait for the time passes? but does it also mean that there is nothing we can do it extend my boy's sleeping interval?

read the link, they say keep the log of everything, what about EASY? should I take action to help my son establish EASY or just keep the log and do it in 3 months?

they also say that DO feed the baby at night if he/she wakes, I don't think this is applicable to my boy, sometimes he wakes up every 40mins, I don't think he is hungry at all, and last night, from 00:00 ~3:00 am, he cried 3 times, intervals are 45mins, 45mins,10mins, I didn't feed him either, just pat and put him back to bed, but the 3rd time he cried, I realized he might be hungry.

for EASY, I read Tracy's book couple times, but still have questions:
1. this one might be a dump one, why do we have to HELP baby establish EASY? by nature, all baby do is eat, sleep and awake, isn't it EASY?
2. does EASY mean it got to be in this pattern/order? if it's E.S.E.S, that's wrong and should be corrected?
3. before putting the baby down to bed, I have to hold him for 10~15mins, is this A time or S time?
4. Tracy says that cluster feeding helps with night sleep, but my baby doesn't eat if he is full, although I try to feed him with bottle, not breast, what can I do then?

at night, I do swaddle him and keep the room dark & quiet, the longest interval is 3 hours, and it happened only once, these days, not longer than 2 hours, sometimes worse. good thing is I have my Mom here helping me so I can have naps in the daytime, but I still do hope my boy's night sleep can gets better.

thx.