Author Topic: 10 mth old A times  (Read 2402 times)

Offline Jmb2008

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: 10 mth old A times
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2014, 17:16:24 pm »
I'm scared she would have a nap at 5:30? Then be up till 10. No?

Interesting about that 2nd wind thing.  I've actually suspected that sometimes.  But how do I catch her before that?   I feel so horribly bad at this.  Like I know a bunch of info but just can't seem to apply it!  And of curse life gets in the way sometimes.

I will take what you said and keep going.  Something's got to work.

Offline Jmb2008

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2014, 17:22:43 pm »
Looks like we did the 3-2 around week 27/28. So around 6 mths?

She's always wanted an 11.5/12 hr night and I feel less day sleep

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2014, 18:58:05 pm »
EBT can be brilliant if used in the right way.  The key is to get LO down before they are too overtired.  Do your normal BT routine, settle for bed in your normal way and any wakings after that point are treated as night wakings.  I've put mine to bed at 5pm before when the day has been a disaster and I've never had it happen that they sleep a 'nap' and then want to be up for hours.  Yes they may wake shortly after BT but to be honest that's usually overtiredness and they can be resettled.

27/28 weeks would be fairly average for the 3-2 so perhaps not exceptionally low sleep needs.  However my DD was similar in liking a long night and less day sleep which means A times need to be fairly high.  We were at about 4h-4h15 first A, 1h30 nap (on a good day), up to 4h30 second A, short nap of 30-45 mins (actually had to AP this quite frequently from 10 months as we were getting nap refusals) and then 2-2.5h A before bed. 

Honestly plodding on is about all you can do at this stage and try to keep consistency where you can.  I found it easiest to stick with the same A time for a few days and at least try to see some sort of pattern.  It did settle a lot once we were on one nap around 12/13 months xx

Offline Jmb2008

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2014, 04:30:06 am »
Thank you for taking time for insights and encouragement.  I'll keep plodding on :)