Author Topic: 7 month old horrible nights  (Read 1729 times)

Offline jakobsmom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
  • Jakob first b-day
7 month old horrible nights
« on: December 08, 2014, 19:17:24 pm »
Just looking for any thoughts.  We have been having horrible NW with DS and I am not sure if there is something with our routine we need to tweak.  We actually have very good days, apart from general fussiness here and there but here is a typical EASY.
Up - 630/730
A - 3 hrs
Nap - 1.5 hrs have to wake
A - 3.10 ( any shorter an we get short naps)
Nap - 1.5 hrs have to wake
A - 3.14 - 3.5 hrs (have tried putting down earlier but he fights and crys - falls asllep easily with the mentioned A times)
BT - 7-8 ish
NW around 11/12
NW anywhere between 2-5
Can be very hard to settle and wakes more throughout the night.  I have made a bad habit of bringing him into bed with me to try and get some sleep :(

*Kristen*

Offline bongabees

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
  • *Also known as Anna*
Re: 7 month old horrible nights
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 20:36:35 pm »
Hi, how long have the NWs been going on for? Could it be teething?

Offline jakobsmom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
  • Jakob first b-day
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 20:41:22 pm »
Its been a couple of weeks, and yeah it could be teething.  He has four upper teeth that have moved and has swollen/white gums.  He already has his bottom two.  I do remember that the top teeth seem to take longer to break through the gum - maybe that is the reason behind everything?

*Kristen*

Offline bongabees

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
  • *Also known as Anna*
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 20:59:01 pm »
Can you try some paracetamol or something and see if it helps? I know that with both of mine, those top teeth took a while and we had horrible inconsolable NWs for a few weeks and then they started sleeping better as soon as the popped through, but it's hard to know. Your routine looks fine, and as you said that you have tried putting him down earlier for BT but he is not tired, then it may not be OT. Just my thoughts, hope that helps.

Offline Kellyjs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2014, 20:09:34 pm »
Just stopping by to say it does sound like teething from here too so totally agree with bongabees. Routine looks good even though that is a long A to BT as you mentioned, but you know your LO best. Does appear to be a short night too...have you recently dropped the CN? I would try to keep to a 12.5 hr day max at this age personally. Eta. Sorry ignore that last bit, just seen your wu time varies, oops.

Ibuprofen tends to work better for teething than paracetamol as it has anti inflammatory properties in it. Hth x

Offline jakobsmom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
  • Jakob first b-day
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2014, 20:24:20 pm »
Thanks everyone - we do try and stick to a 12.5 hour day give or take.  I struggled with that last A to bed as well, but I have tried several times to put him down before this time and it is a disaster.  Last night I went into his room just before the 3 hour mark and it was horrible.  He is one of those babies that are very aware until that moment just before they nod off.  We did give advil last night and it was a better night.  He finally fell asleep at around 750 woke at midnight and had a bottle then slept until 0720.  HUGE improvement for us!  DS1 was also odd where he had a longer A until bed - could just be a coincidence though :). DS2 handles OT better than DS1 which can make determing sleepy time a bit harder too.  We have been on two naps now for a few weeks.  We struggled with a good second nap for awhile, but once I extended that A past 3 hours we finally got a decent second nap.  So I guess a lot of changes lately.  I have been doing my best to make sure that we are home for naps as well, it feels like our days have finally come together a bit and I dont want to throw them off.

*Kristen*

Offline emily3434

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2014, 21:26:54 pm »
Happy for a good night.  Fwiw I always have meds in the afternoon, then at the df or first night waking so that it lasted longer into the early morning.  Maybe try that?  Hope they appear soon

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2014, 13:18:29 pm »
Just wondering how things are hun? xx

Offline jakobsmom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
  • Jakob first b-day
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2014, 14:30:40 pm »
Hi Katherine - still not great.  Sometimes we get a decent night with two NW other times like last might we have numerous and I stop counting:(. I did not think this was possible put his upper central incisors, lateral and eye teeth are all swollen and white.  He has been super crabby and his appetite has not been the greatest.  Wondering if this is the cause.  He is an earlier teether got his bottom central incisors at 5 months - but 6 upper teeth seems impossible!  That and he is hell bent on crawling.  He can go around and backwards, but not forwards yet :(. Im really thinking I just need to ride it out...

*Kristen*

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2014, 16:47:06 pm »
You are describing my DS to a tee!  Teeth erupting all over the shop, really really hope they are the cause of our silliness or we have major issues to deal with.  (((Hugs))), it is not fun at all xx