Author Topic: Puzzles and books for a 2 year old?  (Read 1759 times)

Offline Eva's Mummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 14
  • Gail
Puzzles and books for a 2 year old?
« on: November 21, 2014, 13:25:09 pm »
I want to get DD1 some puzzles and books for Christmas. What are your favourites for a 2 year old please?

My beautiful spirited little angel

My angel baby girl

Offline eva026

• Showing Appreciation 32
Re: Puzzles and books for a 2 year old?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 16:40:51 pm »
Books: goodnight moon, the very hungry caterpillar, walking in the jungle, any of the Julia Donaldson books, all the harry mclary books
Puzzles is 3-4 piece puzzles she can do herself or more but then she needs my help.
She's also nuts about playdoh - cutting out shapes with cookie cutters

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: Puzzles and books for a 2 year old?
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 18:41:37 pm »
There's a big list here
Books for Toddlers - up to 3 years.. can you recommend one??

We have the full (50) Mr men set and the glitter box (18 plus a toy) which have been big big hits. So much so that this year DS is getting the all new story collect (another 35 books!).
This is a great site for browsing kids books and getting great deals
http://www.thebookpeople.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/qs_searchResult_tbp?catalogId=10051&langId=100&storeId=10001&filters=9books&searchTerm=mr+men

DS moved on very quickly with jigsaws, he will do one over and over but obviously there is fun to be had from different pictures too. I have had loads from the £ shop and the quality has been fine. I look at the piece size and the picture difficulty as well as the number of pieces - oh and if the picture would interest him.
Last xmas (1 month before turning 3yo) he asked for the Orchard Toys world map jigsaw (150 piece) which is really tricky but he loves it, we tend to do it together as it takes some time. Lovely poster with it, lots of landmarks and animals etc
http://www.orchardtoys.com/product/world-map-puzzle-and-poster