Author Topic: What is your morning routine? (2yr old,need to adjust)  (Read 1860 times)

Offline mommybear!

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 5
What is your morning routine? (2yr old,need to adjust)
« on: December 09, 2014, 02:37:41 am »
My lo just turned 2 yrs old. :) We just recently changed her bedtime routine and it seems to be going well.  I've been realizing we don't have a very structured morning routine.  We are going to be sleep training over the winter break so I figure the more structure the better.  I will make a separate post about sleep training though closer to it.  I'm just not sure which order to do things in.  My husband goes to work anywhere from 7 to 8am so help is different from day to day.  Please share your morning routine. Thanks.

Offline TB9

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 60
Re: What is your morning routine? (2yr old,need to adjust)
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 13:32:54 pm »
In the morning we get up and eat breakfast (wakeup is no later than 7am).  Then get ready for the day and bring dd1 to the bus stop.  When we get home from the bus stop we watch a show, or I watch the news, dd2 has a small bottle and a snack.  Then we go out somewhere (library, mall, gymnastics class, storytime, etc.) Or just hang around the house playing and getting chores done.  She has another snack around 10:30am, then lunch around noon, bottle at 12:30ish and nap at 1pm.

Hope that helps!

Offline mommybear!

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 13:53:51 pm »
that does help thanks.  I was wondering if I should just start breakfast right from the start.  She still nurses but it's only a few minutes and then I take a shower and she plays with dad. It's a while before we actually sit down for breakfast.  A few times lately she said she was hungry when we were still upstairs.  I think I just need to combine nurse and breakfast.  That way it should be an easier transition when the nurse goes away.  I'm guessing will be any day now since she doesn't stay on very long anymore.  We do a snack around 930, then some sort of activity(s), lunch around 11 and nap around 12pm.  It's funny though how you start a morning can make the day. Rough start today but Dad stepped up and helped out.  Feeling okay about today. : ) 

Offline weaver

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 210
  • May your choices reflect your hopes not your fears
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2014, 14:22:50 pm »
It might help to think about what you want to get done before DH leaves - for example, is it easier for you to have a shower or whatever with him there for LO? Maybe he can take LO and start breakfast while you are busy?  Breakfast for us tends to be a bit of a rolling meal. LO2 likes to eat in the morning, so she starts breakfast with LO1 and OH from 7.30 or so but returns to it with me when we're dressed, and also likes to have a snack around 10/10.30.  Otherwise, our day is very similar to Tinks.
*Anne*, loving mama to a honeybee (2010) and a sweetpea (2012).  BF for 4 proud years.