Author Topic: 12mth throwing food tantrum  (Read 1476 times)

Offline Frostygrrl

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: November 24, 2014, 11:11:40 am »
Hi my lill one has been told to eat more by paediatrician. She barely drinks milk and now throwing tantrums with food. Will eat about 2 tablespoon each sitting. Very fussy with food choices so each meal consist of multiple options?

She used to love vege sticks now won't touch them at all. I'm worried she isn't eating enough. How do I get more food into her.

For dinner she had 1.5 tablespoon of pork and cous cous with zucchini, tomato and feta. Then she ate  0.5 tablespoon on fruit purée with banana and mango. Had 2 x 2 cm pieces of mango and 4 grapes. Had 40 ml milk feed all day. 1 night bf.

Should I make 2 mains?

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: 12mth throwing food tantrum
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 20:10:45 pm »
Hi there
Could you expand a little please?
Did your paediatrician say to increase her food intake because your DD losing weight?  Or had you raised concerns about her not eating much?

Could you post a typical days EASY times with a note about what sort of meal, how much, include snacks and milk too.  It would help everyone here see what her overall day looks like.

The meal you describe sounds pretty normal to me but perhaps he are worried because that was all she had across the full day?

Sorry I am not sure what you mean by should you make two mains, do you mean offer 2 different dinners at dinner time?

Offline Frostygrrl

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 12:46:44 pm »
She dropped from 25 percentile to 3 percentile in weight. Paediatrician suggested high calorie diet over the next mth. I don't think she eat much given she refuse milk or formula.

Yesterday wake 4.30am and vomited.
E bf 6.00am
S 7.30am to 8.30pm
E 9.00am breakfast scrambled 1 egg
E 11.45 lunch 1mini cucumber sushi. 1/2 tbspn lamb risotto. 1 1/2 tbspn (smoothie mix with 2 pieces mango and 1 pieces banana. 2cm). 5 raisins. 1/4 slice of cheese.
S 12.40 - 2.10pm
E  2.30pm 40ml formula
A  2.45pm - 3.05 swimming
S 5.05pm - 5.35pm
E 6.00pm food as above
S 8.00pm
Nw 4am
S 4.30-6am

Yes, I meant two different dinners.

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: 12mth throwing food tantrum
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 14:42:21 pm »
Yesterday wake 4.30am and vomited.
Is she ill at the moment or is this vommiting a common thing for her?

Is there a BT milk offered whether formula or bf?
Is the NF at the same time each night or does it vary?

Sorry to keep asking questions, I just want to try to get the full picture.

I would probably offer something different at dinner time than at lunch time so if she has a preference she can eat more of the foods she enjoys, but I wouldn't make up two different evening meals, I'd just make sure there is something you know she likes and is healthy.  Your menues sound great.

Couple of things I would say you could do right away is:
- offer a snack around 3pm
- move dinner as early as you can. If she usually wakes at 5.35 from nap I would have dinner on the table ready to eat
OR
rather than snack at 3 and dinner 5.35 serve dinner before her CN, so 4.30pm ish. I know this sounds early but very many LOs eat better earlier on. You can always put in an extra milk or solid snack/supper later on too.

I'll come back and have a good look after you post again and when I have a bit more time. Dashing out now.