Author Topic: 3 month old baby - looking for advice / help  (Read 1733 times)

Offline Allie9918

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
3 month old baby - looking for advice / help
« on: December 06, 2014, 16:41:09 pm »
Hi everyone. I'm the proud mom of a 3 month old baby girl and I'm looking for help with her food issues. Baby is exclusively breastfed and she started showing symptom at 4 weeks of mspi - green mucousy stool with streaks of blood. I immediately started a milk and soy free diet and the blood disappeared but symptoms remained (green mucousy diharrea after each feed, irritable moods, sleeplessness). I then started an elimination diet where I cut out milk, soy, wheat, eggs, nuts, peanuts, shellfish. Within days symptoms immediately improved and baby's mood improved and she started sleeping well at naps and at night! It was like a miracle had cured my baby. That was a month ago and I have stuck diligently to the diet. It took 4 weeks for stool to return to normal but after 4 weeks on the diet I started to see yellow poops.

Within the past two weeks though, symptoms have come back. The green poops and fussiness have returned and baby is only napping for 30-45 mins 3-4x a day. We use a bedtime routine with a bath a 6pm and feed at 630pm. Baby will fall asleep for one hour from 7-8pm and then will be up crying (while I rock her, try to sooth her) until 11pm.  Then she's up every 2 hrs after 11pm.

I know we have a sleep issue but I think also still have a food issue as well. Any thoughts on what could have made her tummy trouble come back? What can I try now?

Thanks so much for any advice!!!

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: 3 month old baby - looking for advice / help
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 22:05:39 pm »
Hi there and welcome to BW  ;D

Sorry that you have struggled so much this far. I too had to eliminate dairy and eventually egg and wheat. It is not nice - I hope you are feeling OK in yourself?

With regards the poop - have you seen anymore blood or mucous? I am hoping that after such a period of settledness that this is a sleep issue rather than a food issue. Are you eating anything new or different?

It might be worth going over to the sleep boards and posting your EASY in conjunction as this may well help as well. Babies change so quickly it is hard to keep up with their changing sleeping and feeding patterns.

Hugs x

Offline ZacsMumme

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
Re: 3 month old baby - looking for advice / help
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 17:52:04 pm »
My second was a bit like this, he would improve with a food elimination then deteriorate and refuse to feed properly as it caused him pain. Unfortunately we ended up on neocate, but it did work wonders for him.

Do you think this could be the 3 mth GS? It was awful for us! What other symptoms are you seeing on particular.
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.