Author Topic: Moral support much needed!  (Read 828 times)

Offline LizWaby76

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: November 29, 2014, 11:32:51 am »
I'm not sure whats going on at all now with my 9 week ds, this last week the NW have culminated in waking every two hours from going stretches of 4/5 hours.  He is starting to break out of his swaddling now too and I'm wondering if that's causing him to wake?

Has anyone unswaddled by 9 weeks and survived ?

There just seems so many issues right now and I'm so tired with two other monsters too and my husband is military and serving overseas, I've just cried and cried today :-(

X

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: Moral support much needed!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 14:05:34 pm »
Big hugs lovely, could it be a growth spurt?  Reflux?

I never swaddled mine so yes it is perfectly possible for LOs to sleep well at this age without. There may be an adjustment period but it should settle quickly if nothing else at play.

Do you have IRL support? Anyone who could take the older two for a trip out so you can rest while baby does?

Offline LizWaby76

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 18:33:54 pm »
Thanks so much for the reply. I think I might try him with one arm out and see what happens.

I'm in the UK and our welfare support is not great, I've had pneumonia and still had to get on with it myself :-(

The little rotter is also doing 45 min naps too during the day so rest doesn't really happen at the moment. I keep telling myself it's all just a phase abs it will pass but it's hard when you are in the thick of it ...

Xx

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: Moral support much needed!
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2014, 18:55:26 pm »
Oh bless you, I'm in the UK too.  Friends, family nearby??

Have you got a sling you can put him in to have your hands free to get on with other things?