Author Topic: Don't know where to start  (Read 746 times)

Offline Agood1602

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: November 30, 2014, 14:49:04 pm »
Hi everyone-
I'm new here and hoping to get some much needed help. My son will be six weeks tomorrow and I feel like we have taken major steps backwards in our routine. He will not nap. Feeding takes us around 40 minutes, I do a few minutes of activity and then put him down. This was working so well until yesterday. As I look at the monitor right now, he is wide awake. He was drowsy and yawning when I put him down, and now his eyes are open. He is a combination of formula and breastfed--averaging every three hours. When he finally will take that nap, it is no more than an hour.

The problem is that he doesn't get upset and cry. He would sit in his bassinet for hours and just hang out. Maybe his is overtired? What do I do to eliminate being overtired. I'm a first time Mom and I have no clue what I'm doing.

Also, how do I leave the house and still stick to a routine. I'm going stir crazy  ;)

Thank you SO much for your help!

Offline nevinsmama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
Re: Don't know where to start
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 13:20:54 pm »
Hi there! WElcome to BW. My guess, based on that behavior, would be that he is actually UT. Have you tried an A time increase? Have a look here and see what you think.
Getting started - how I survived the first 3 months
Starting EASY - all you need to know and more!

Maryn

[/url]