Author Topic: Help please! Getting started with a 9 week old.  (Read 945 times)

Offline Elvisking

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Help please! Getting started with a 9 week old.
« on: December 10, 2014, 14:15:36 pm »
Hi,
This is my second child (toddler is nearly 3) and I used BW with her and I loved it. Second time round this time, I haven't got round to starting it- but desperately need to. (Reasons being- I was terribly ill after the birth and have really only been back on my feet for the past 3. We have been away also in those three weeks and I only got his room ready for naps yesterday!!!)

At present LO is feeding every 2/3 hours, but if he has long naps he can stretch for 4. At night it's 2/3 hours. He is a big boy- 13lb but growth has started to slow down, I've noticed he's not finishing bottles and is therefore eating more often. He has always been very slow at feeding (formula) and has always been difficult to keep awake during feeds. He does like to sleep!!! We have tried all the techniques for waking him during feeds- the do not work!!

Basically, I need to start from scratch. I am feeding on demand basically and feel I, losing the plot as I'm constantly holding a bottle and not getting great sleep. He is a very noisy baby as in snuffling & snorting if you don't feed straight away, I use a dummy to try & stall it, but it's no use!! Do you think the feeding will improve on a good routine?!! I can't really let him cry out- I don't want to & my toddler is such a light sleeper. It would wake her.

Do you think I start a log first or just get straight into the wu 7:30 & start a 3 hour easy plan?
   What do you guys think?
   ANY advice/help/criticism accepted- gladly!!

I'd like to start ASAP. I don't feel he's settling & I'm slowly collapsing with exhaustion!!!!!

Sorry it's such a long post!!

Thanks in advance

Offline nevinsmama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
Re: Help please! Getting started with a 9 week old.
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 04:02:15 am »
Hi there, I know these first several months can be tough, especially with LO2! Don't worry, no one here will ever encourage you to abandon your LO and CIO. IT certianly wouldn't teach him to sleep and would break his trust in you AND wake LO1! :) 

WHy don't you post a couple days log and when things are happening and see if you can see a pattern emerging?

HAve you read this? Getting started - how I survived the first 3 months

Maryn

[/url]

Offline Elvisking

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Help please! Getting started with a 9 week old.
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 20:18:51 pm »
Thank you for your reply :)
I will keep a log for a couple of days & then post them. Fingers crossed I'm not way out?!!! Xx