Author Topic: 4 Month Old Waking Every 2 Hours :( HELP!!!!  (Read 1039 times)

Offline Daniela527

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
4 Month Old Waking Every 2 Hours :( HELP!!!!
« on: December 12, 2014, 20:53:39 pm »
Hi All,

I am new to this forum, but not new to EASY & BW techniques. We introduced EASY at 1 month, and my LO was doing fabulously on his 3 hour EASY until about a month ago. He would go down to sleep at 8-8:30 and wake for his first feed at 12AM, and then again at 4AM.

Over the past 4 weeks, myself and hubby have been through the ringer with waking up every 2 hours to shh/pat back to sleep, and/or feed. I know that my LO had a growth spurt, and he also just got over a cold. I also have begun him on a 3.5 hour EASY and his nap times are less (3 instead of 4). His bed time as a result of less naps, has become 7-7:30. As per a close girlfriend of mine who suggested (her mother was a nanny for 30 years) to keep him up as much as possible during the day to help me tire out at night. We try to let his last nap and the bedtime have a longer gap of 3.5 hours.

Right now his schedule is as follows:

7AM-Wake & E 4 oz.
8AM-A
9AM-S
10:30-E 4oz
11:30-A
12:30-S
2:00-E 4oz
3:00-A
4:00-S (last nap of the day, usually around 45 min)
4:45-Wake
5:30-E 4oz
6:00-A
7:00-Bath & bedtime routine
7:30-small feed usually around 2-3 oz & sleep
10:30-Wake (First feed (4oz.)
12:30-Wake--sh/pat back to sleep
2:30-Wake-Feed (4oz.)
4:30-Wake
6:30-7-Wake for the day

We are exhausted & stressed!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!
ReplyQuoteNotifyRemove

Offline lauradj

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 61
Re: 4 Month Old Waking Every 2 Hours :( HELP!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2014, 04:13:45 am »
Hugs hon, when you're going through a marathon of NW, you really start to feel like you're losing your marbles.  I have no doubt your friend has the absolute best intentions but to ask your little 4 month old to stay awake for 3.5 hours at the end of the day is a little unfair.  Although my DS is 16 months and can last five hours in the morning, he's only awake for about 3 after his nap.
You're nailing the A time during the day, 1.5-2 hrs is in line with 4 months old.  Could early teething be a factor?  Has your LO hit any big developmental leaps lately?  Is it possible he has low sleep needs and could move to two naps earlier than most?

Average A times- BOOKMARK ME!!

Offline zoem

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Re: 4 Month Old Waking Every 2 Hours :( HELP!!!!
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2014, 22:57:26 pm »
Hiya.  My LO is nearly 5 months and we were going through hourly/2 hourly wake ups a few weeks ago. It was awful so I really feel for you!! I can sympathise with the desperation of just needing some sleep!
With us I think it was the 4 month growth spurt. He is back to waking once/twice a night now although the night before last it was every 1.5hrs again!!whats he like when he wakes up at night?cpuld he still  going through a growth spurt?do you think he could be hungry?have you tried increasing the amount you give in the day feeds ?