Author Topic: 6mo - early morning poo  (Read 943 times)

Offline *foxy*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 10
6mo - early morning poo
« on: December 16, 2014, 05:32:13 am »
Hi

My 6 mo DS is up every 1.5-2 hours during the night and then poos at 4.30/5am and is up for 1-1.5 hours after that. Then wakes for the day at about 7am. This is the only poo he does in 24 hours. This has been going on for months and I don't how or if I can change it?!

Back story - he has mpi and is EBF (Im dairy free) We have been prescribed neocate by our paed but DS refuses every bottle I have tried. He did take it for a few days but now flat out refuses so Im backing off for a bit and will try again soon. He was on max dose of omeprazole but now it seems that's having no effect good or bad so I've stopped it. We have started weaning which is going well apart from pear which makes him poo every hour - still at 4.30/5am!

He usually naps around 9.30-11, then 1.15-2.45 (around the school run) I try for a CN at 5ish but invariably he never properly settles. He isn't an independent sleeper.

Im knackered but sort of used to the awful nights. Any ideas how I can improve things? Thanks

*Kate*

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: 6mo - early morning poo
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 10:26:10 am »
That sounds exhausting and frustrating!
As it's been going on for months it appears not to be related to the time of his feeds/meals so I wouldn't think there is anything you can really do! The only things I can think you might consider are:
- W2S before the 4.30 poo, so maybe 3.30am to see if you can start a new sleep cycle so his body doesn't come up the the light sleep or wake up at 4.30 but instead he wakes a little later for the poo. This may make things worse for a while because initially the WU won't be as late as 7am and he'll likely still need to go back to sleep but this then impacts the rest of the days routine as you'd still need to get him up at 7am to manage his day naps.  If it did move the poo time you may be able to do it again at a later time to achieve the 7am WU and poo.  It's certainly not a definite but you might want to try?
- gentle tummy massage (clockwise) and leg cycling in the afternoon to see if it makes a difference to his poo time.
- sorry the other thing I thought of was to move his whole day on, like a clock change but now I realize this isn't possible as naps need to be at those times around the school run.

Offline *foxy*

• Showing Appreciation 10
Re: 6mo - early morning poo
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 19:43:50 pm »
Thanks for your reply creations. He's reacted badly to apple so he's up every 45 mins atm. No poo at 4.30am but he was awake from 4.45-5.45. Then up at 6.10. Think it's set off his reflux again too :(

Made sure he had a CN at 4.30pm today. Trying to push his BT back in the hope he'll get the message that he's not supposed to be up at 4.30am!

*Kate*