Author Topic: Feel like an anxious first time mum!!  (Read 1365 times)

Offline kat1704

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: December 18, 2014, 14:47:40 pm »
Hi all, newbie here! Ive got a 2 week old dd, she is my 2nd, although you'd think she was my first!! im following 3/3.5 EASY routine, silly question here now, but.... should I be teaching her about bedtime already?! Is that expecting too much? At the moment she feeds at 7pm and generally goes to sleep in her pram downstairs. I 'wake' her at 10/10.30 to feed her again, I then change her nappy etc etc, im not doing this in a quiet manner at all. We have found she struggles to settle after this feed and can take up to 2hrs to settle. I thought it was wind that was bothering her, but could she possibly be overtired? Should I perhaps change her nappy and then feed/wind and take her upstairs to her moses basket? Sorry, I feel a bit silly asking, I just thought that teaching a 2week old baby was too soon? Or I suppose at present im teaching her to be 'awake' at 10/10.30?!

Oooooft, feeling confused! xxxx ::)

Offline Lindsay27

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 78
Re: Feel like an anxious first time mum!!
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 15:31:24 pm »
Or I suppose at present im teaching her to be 'awake' at 10/10.30?!
^^ This.

I wouldn't worry about 'teaching' her about bedtime quite yet, but getting into a bedtime routine from the get-go is never a bad thing.  I think that waking her at 10/10:30 is disrupting her from a deep sleep and I'd be more inclined to just let her sleep and wake up for her feed naturally, or do a DF where you feed her but don't actually wake her.

Offline kat1704

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Feel like an anxious first time mum!!
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 15:38:52 pm »
Thankyou for replying, i think i would be a tad nervous about not giving her a feed at 10/10.30 so will try dream feeding, i'd be worried that she'll wake many times in the night! i would rather we dropped the 2/3am feed naturally! Fingers crossed we wont be long as she was a good weight born. Thanks again, im such a worrier! and rtrying too hard to get it 'right', xxx