Author Topic: Help with 7 month old no sleep in this house!  (Read 951 times)

Offline jakobsmom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
  • Jakob first b-day
Help with 7 month old no sleep in this house!
« on: December 17, 2014, 13:25:35 pm »
We are struggling big time here.  I am wondering if I need to cap DS daytime sleep.  He has been doing two 1.5 hour naps and our nights are awful.  More wake ups then I care to count, sometime he is happy others not.  He is teething but i feel something else is going wrong too.  He is on losec for reflux and has not had a dose increasse since 5 months....  Im not convinced it is reflux though as his naps are great.  He has been a bit more difficult to get down to sleep but I think his A time has increased again.

Here is a typical day - 3.15 seems to be the magical A time.

Wake 730
Nap 1045
Wake 1215 I wake at 1.5 mark
Nap 330
Wake 445
BT 8

Thank you

*Kristen*

Offline Kellyjs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
Re: Help with 7 month old no sleep in this house!
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 20:05:33 pm »
Two 1.5 hr naps are average for this age. Have you recently transitioned to two naps or did you do it earlier? Just trying to get an idea of his sleep needs generally. Do you feel he's average, HSN or LSN?

With the wake ups during the night are they prolonged or do you feel he's in some discomfort and waking many times? How long has it been going on for?
Sorry for all the questions hun, just trying to get an idea of the bigger picture x

Offline jakobsmom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
  • Jakob first b-day
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 21:23:51 pm »
He has been on two naps now for almost a month.  I would say he is lower sleep needs.  Some of the NW are short with a quick resettle some are quite prolonged - over 45 minutes.  With these ones we generally give a bottle out of desperation.  We wont give him more than two bottles though.  This has been going on for about three weeks, but really bad the past week and a half.  Sometimes I think he is uncomfortable due to crying, others he is happy and smiling.  So lost :(. We do give advil before bed as well.

*Kristen*

Offline Kellyjs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 12:39:27 pm »
So you think it's being going on roughly about the same length of time since he dropped the CN then. I'm thinking maybe reduce that last A time slightly and see if that makes a difference? Could try pd at 7.30pm for a couple of days and see if it makes any difference?

I would also check out his dosage for the reflux if he's not had it increased for a while, just to make sure and rule that out ok?