Author Topic: 15 month old sleep issues  (Read 5697 times)

Offline Truly Blessed

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 125
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2015, 17:29:41 pm »
So glad she did better Hun, I agree with Ali completely, although I do understand how it can feel like a waste of time having BTDT, but it sends her the right message even if she doesn't resettle, which can stop habitual waking from setting in.

Hope tonight is better again, hang in there, you're doing so so well. And BTW well done on putting DH straight lol, don't suppose he'll be suggesting that again ;)

x.

Offline katie80

• Showing Appreciation 220
Re: 15 month old sleep issues
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2015, 20:42:36 pm »
Also agree with Ali, BTDT several times in my life! :P

So glad she had a better night... keep up the good work!! :)

Offline heather8844

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2015, 04:51:21 am »
Sorry I haven't replied in a while. We have had a really rough week. DD is cutting two pre-molars and then her daycare called on thursday because she was running a temperature of 103.6. Needless to say we went to the doctor s office and on top of cutting teeth she had an ear infection.  We had a couple of slip up days because she really wasn't feeling well and to be honest I wanted her close to me so I could monitor her fever more closely (it yo-yo ed between 99.0 and 102.7 for 3 days before finally breaking yesterday). She also had an evening where the antibiotic didn't settle well and she vomited all over me which was totally ewwww inspiring. I did at least try to put her in her crib to go to sleep each night and have been managing her wake ups. Tonight she fussed a little when she went down @ 715 and we are on our first wake up tonight (1040). She is back asleep and I am just waiting for deep sleep before leaving.

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2015, 09:56:15 am »
I always think when they're sick all bets are off. You have to offer that extra TLC. Glad to hear she is recovering and settling in the cot.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 09:59:51 am by *Ali* »
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011

Offline Truly Blessed

« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2015, 09:58:47 am »
I agree with Ali, when they're sick they need you, just be there for her and continue with the good work Sweetie.x.

Offline heather8844

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2015, 10:17:04 am »
Things have been going pretty well. One night DD will have minor NO (30 mins or less), there has even been one night of no NW...but tonight is not that night. We are on our 3rd NW and for this one she has been awake 45 mins so far. *sigh*

Offline Truly Blessed

« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2015, 10:28:41 am »
Hi Hun,

This could still be down to her illness recovery, so try not to be disheartened. The fact that she has managed a no NW night, means she is capable, so try and let that be encouraging to you. Also with any ST there can be regression, typically after a few days, you can get one or two nights where things get worse, but then often they get better than before, who knows why!? but that's a possibility.

Sending lots of ((HUGS)) and more encouragement.x.

Offline katie80

• Showing Appreciation 220
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2015, 13:58:46 pm »
Is she still working on those 1yr molars? With both my bigger two, I found that molars and canines caused ongoing random NWs for a period of time, rather than just a few nights. Not terribly bad, but it was like they were in enough discomfort to wake and need a bit of help going back to sleep. Once the teeth were through, they stopped waking.

Is her daytime routine pretty solidified now?

Offline heather8844

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2015, 10:16:35 am »
Grrrr... her daytime routine was really affected by being sick!!!! She now will not in any way take a nap without me holding her - for 2 hours!!!! I have tried a lot of the same techniques I use at night during daytime and am failing. She goes down at weird times (mostly because when she wasn't feeling well she was sleeping a lot). Trying desperately to get her back on the 630 wake up, 12 - 2 nap and 730 bedtime. For example yesterday she slept from 11 - 12 and would not go back down and then 230 - 330. She is still going down very easily at 730 pm.

Offline Truly Blessed

« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2015, 10:29:32 am »
Honestly Hun, I think you're doing the right thing to keep offering up her usual routine, but I'm afraid right now you may have to stick with some APOP and take what you get, with illness and teething, it's just so hard and things are always upside down for a while. If you feel she is desperate for a nap sooner, and that she would take a longer one if you put her down, then go with your instincts, sometimes this can be the way to get through, it really does depend on the LO and how set their body clock is and how suseptible to change they are.

Lots of ((HUGS))

x.

Offline heather8844

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2015, 08:55:15 am »
Can I just say now that I hate molars?!?!? My DD is cutting not 1 or 2 but like 5 at one time. She has been having crazy NW the last few weeks - tonight we are working on #3. While none have been horribly long today one last night was an hour and the night before 3 hrs. I just need her to have one full nights sleep this week - for her and for me lol.

Offline Truly Blessed

« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2015, 19:01:50 pm »
Oh bless you Hun, they are a nightmare, you end up going to bed with dread don't you :( Have you elevated her mattress with a pillow underneath  ???

x.

Offline heather8844

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2015, 19:49:43 pm »
No to the elevating the crib but she is moving All over and not sure if elevating would help since she is never in one place for long.

Offline Truly Blessed

« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2015, 07:50:25 am »
No to the elevating the crib but she is moving All over and not sure if elevating would help since she is never in one place for long.

Sam was the same, he used to be at a different end every time I went in at that age! x.

Offline heather8844

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2015, 03:28:08 am »
Sleep schedule is out the window this week!!!! Little bit has rsv and an ear infection.  Add to that - she had a reaction to the 1st antibiotic given last month so now she has a horrible yeast infection "down there". We had a trip to the emergency room sunday night/Monday morning. She is coughing sooo much at night from the rsv that she keeps waking up. And she is sooooo tired. Today she woke up at 745 and was down for a nap by 845. Then up at 930 and down for a 3 hour nap at 11. And is in bed now at 830. I am so exhausted!!!!!