Author Topic: Severe seoaration anxiety at night?  (Read 1469 times)

Offline jakobsmom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
  • Jakob first b-day
Severe seoaration anxiety at night?
« on: December 20, 2014, 14:34:08 pm »
Sorry me again,
I feel like i have a newborn baby again!  Our day routine is not horrible - DS has been harder to get down at naps.  However, nights are hideous.  DS generally goes to sleep ok, but after about two hours the NWs start and they are long!  We attempted pick up/put down last night and it was a disaster.  I have never heard DS cry like that.  We would get him settled, put him back down and as soon as his head hit the mattress he was crying - and I mean really crying.  Like his little world was falling apart.  We perservered for about and hour when DS was so beside himself that we stopped.  He then took another hour to settle in my arms.  He does have a bit of a cold (nothing severe), and a few teeth that have been looming.  We have increased his reflux meds, and give him advil for bed.  It just seems so extreme!   He had to be held by someone all night, and of course he woke his brother with the crying fiasco at the beginning of the night.

Here is our day,
UP 730
NAP 1045 (he will not go down before this)
UP 1215
NAP 330/345 ish
UP 430/445 ish I capped this one as was wondering if he was getting too much daytime sleep - and he was up until after 8
BT in room at 725 asleep by 745

Please help

*Kristen*

Offline duoduo

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 15:44:51 pm »
I am not expert, but I have been told that for reflux baby, can't use pu/pd, only shush pat.
how old is your baby? you said new born?

Offline jakobsmom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
  • Jakob first b-day
Re: Severe seoaration anxiety at night?
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 15:58:13 pm »
He is almost 7.5 months old - but skeeping like a newborn :(. Actually worse then when he was a newborn.  Shush pat used to work great now it just seems to aggrivate him and escalate things as well.

*Kristen*

Offline newkidontheblock

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 42
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 16:50:38 pm »
Kristen, was he crying non stop with you and with DH?

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2014, 17:12:43 pm »
It doesn't sound like SA hun, more discomfort :( :(. Definitely agree to avoid PUPD.  Routine looks fine, I don't think that's the issue.  Sorry it was bad and hope tonight is better x

Offline jakobsmom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
  • Jakob first b-day
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2014, 19:56:14 pm »
Thank you everyone.  Fleur he was crying really hard with both of us, we would get him settled and it would start again as soon as his head the mattress.

Katherine, I agree it was so horrible something else had to be going on.  His reflux medication has been increased as of Friday and last night was better.  Not perfect, but better.  I am actually really upset with myself.  We were getting DS medicine from a compounding pharmacy, but it is 40 minutes away and has horrible hours.  I talked to our local pharmacy and they said they could make a suspension with a different formulation so I gave that a try.  I told my pediatrician about this and she said that the one my local pharmacy makes isnt as accurate a dose and is made in a sodium bicarb solution that tastes horrible and is irritating for them as well.  So, wondering if this combined with the dose increase that he needed has increased his discomfort.  DS has gained almost four pounds since his last dose increase.  Mommy guilt stinks!

*Kristen*

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2014, 18:59:51 pm »
(((Hugs))) hun.  How was yesterday/today?

Offline Katet

• Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2014, 20:16:47 pm »
and give him advil for bed.  It just seems so extreme!   He had to be held by someone all night, and of course he woke his brother with the crying fiasco at the beginning of the night.
I'm not sure with Advil as not common around here, but it's a brand of Ibuprofen isn't it.. in which case I can tell you with my DS1 it made him have the most awful night wakings, up for hours, If he did take it it could only be taken on a totally full stomach.   I found he was much better with paracetamol.

DS1 also had undiagnosed reflux & I was told later by the GP that ibuprofen wasn't good for reflux, something that doesn't seem to get told to people that often.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline jakobsmom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
  • Jakob first b-day
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2014, 14:02:42 pm »
Thank you everyone.  The last couple of nights have been better.  DS now has a pretty snotty nose, so he is coming in bed with me and sleeps propped up (this will have to be tackled when he is well).  However we are actually getting stretches of sleep :). Amazing how four consecutive hours of sleep can make you feel like a new person.  He is starting out in his crib and comes in with me after his NW and bottle - this is when he is really stuffed up.  Im not complaining though, if it helps us get more sleep we can tackle that issue when we are all well and a bit better rested.

Thank you Kate. I will try to give DS tylenol - worse case if I have go give advil do so on a full stomach.

*Kristen*