Author Topic: DD bedtime battles... Ready for 1-0??  (Read 1027 times)

Offline MommyMoulton

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 12
  • Kiss Anyone?
DD bedtime battles... Ready for 1-0??
« on: December 29, 2014, 02:02:43 am »
DD1 is 27 months and has always been an Angel baby, and an easy sleeper STTN since about 8 weeks old. She has been without a dummy since 18months when she went into her BGB which was also an easy transition. I recall around this age having lots of bedtime battles with DS who fought bedtime. DD1 is much the same. Started around age 2, mostly she just laid in bed for hours past bedtime chatting to her stuffed toys. So I started capping her nap whih helps a lot.

Dilemma now is that it's getting excessive and she's now tryng everything to avoid going to bed. From need a drink, pee break, more blankets, cuddles... Everything. I was ok with this for the last 6 weeks as I adjusted to DD2 but now her battles are affecting her sister who can sleep through her talking but not this fighting stuff. The nights DD1 goes to bed without fighting DD2 STTN, on the Noghts DD1 fights I am up most of the night with an OT DD2. I have no other place to move the baby so I must solve DD1 bedtime shanagans.

Is she too young for no nap? DS is only now starting to have no nap days. Should I have DD1 nap sooner or shorter? Suggestions advice anything...

Routine:
Up around 715/745
Set nap 1-215 capped. Lots of days she doesn't go to sleep till 130/2 but we still wake her up no later than 245pm
Bedtime 730/8.

Melissa

Offline PaulsMom

• Showing Appreciation 41
Re: DD bedtime battles... Ready for 1-0??
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 05:25:18 am »
Hey MM, congrats for DD2.   Not sure if she would nap earlier and is looks like some days she's only getting 45 min and is still flight ing bt?  If it were me I'd consider dropping the nap and switch to a quiet time.  My DS dropped his nap around 2 yrs and we had moved his bt earlier to compensate.  DD1 might need a cat nap or a nap every other day.

Offline MommyMoulton

• Kiss Anyone?
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2014, 17:50:49 pm »
What do you suggest for length of time for resting/quiet time? And what time for EBT?
Melissa

Offline PaulsMom

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2014, 03:31:12 am »
If she just doing quiet time, I'd aim for 45 min to 1hr.  As for EBT, for me 7was the earliest we could manage with DS but see how she does with no nap and see if you can catch her before she's OT (may be 6:30?).

Offline MommyMoulton

• Kiss Anyone?
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2014, 12:48:20 pm »
Ugh. I hate this transition. We have loads of NWs from both DD1 & DS. What am I doing wrong??

715-730am wake up
8 breakfast
1130/12 lunch
1-215 rest time. (DS staying in his room, DD1 is sort of mucking around constantly needed things from me)
3 snack
530 supper
630 bath
715 BT.

DS NWs around 12midnight
DD1 NWs around 1,3,5,625 am. (With a 10min car nap; withou that little nap she NWs at least twice between 11 and 5)

My newborn is nearly STTN I really want to fix this asap.
Melissa

Offline PaulsMom

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2014, 14:55:23 pm »
Ok, sounds like DD1 needs a cat nap.  Perhaps a 20-30 min nap so she not OT.  Also may be bump her bt a bit earlier if possible?  Not sure about your DS but if it's just once, I wouldn't worry about it.  Could have been a bad dream or something else random.