Author Topic: 2-1 transition - advice please on a 12 mo  (Read 6760 times)

Offline Canadian Nat

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: 2-1 transition - advice please on a 12 mo
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2015, 14:24:43 pm »
Hello.  Been gone a while as both girls were ill and then we moved house...

The sleep hads been much better since we moved abd shes in her own room! She's slept through more times here in a week in the new house than she did in a month or so at the old. So much so that she's been settling later for nap  in the morning
(11.45am rather than 11.30am). So I started thinking...is she ready to he pushed to afternoon nap? I tried today and failed a bit I think. I gave them both early lunch at 11.45am and drove them straight home from my mum's (the old house) who I'd been visiting this morning. I tried to put her down soon after I got in but she didn't want to settle.  Got her up. she started playing then did a poo. was it that poo brewing that stopped her settling I wonder? anyway, I put her down.  She protested but stopped crying shortly after and settled.  I don't know whether to let her sleep her two hours if that's what she wants to do or cap it a bit. have I mucked up and OT'd her? perhaps I should have tried creeping her nap by 15 mins today instead to midday as she has gone down late, about 2pm...WDYT?

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2015, 03:04:24 am »
What did you end up doing? Usually if we get a later nap for whatever reason I would cap it - 3:00 is our absolute cut off unless ill. Awesome that she is sleeping better in her own room!
Heidi

Offline Canadian Nat

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2015, 15:08:07 pm »
I ended up letting her sleep til nearly two hours. Thought I'd better wake her. She may have still slept through last night but she wet through and woke at 12.40am...wouldn't settle till just over an hour later. today the older one woke her up earlier than I think she wanted to get woken as she would have slept on I get the feeling.  But today when she seemed tired around 11.40am I resorted to putting her down. she wouldn't settleso I got her up. They had lunch at 12.25pm.she slept by about 1.40pm. currently still asleep.  did i get it right today...I'll let you know what happens later and may be you can advise me.does this all look like she's ready for pm naps now? if so is it to do with the better nights sleeps she's getting? P.s Today they are both napping in the afternoon together-hooray! Fingers crossed

Offline Canadian Nat

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2015, 21:12:53 pm »
Well she slept till I woke her...which was 4.10pm. I know ...it's late. She slept for about2.5hrs then. I don't know how much longer she could have gone for but I think she wanted a long nap to make up for being awake just  over an hour last night during the night and for being up 7hrs A time since WU today. She wasn't interested in napping at 11.30 today.  What do you think?

« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2015, 04:54:22 am »
I would probably shoot for a time more in the middle...say 12/12:30 for a nap if an early lunch works and then on days where she sleeps later work on pushing it forward. I don't think any of mine had a nap starting later than 1 pm really to keep the day balanced. So lovely to get the naps matched up though! Lol my kids never had co-ordinating naps!
Heidi

Offline Canadian Nat

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2015, 21:51:03 pm »
Do you mean early lunch will be around 11.30 then?

She did the same today, wouldn't settle in the morning so did lunch at 12 noon. Asleep by 1.20pm. Slept for nearly 2.5 hours. Both girls napped at the same time. Now they are both ill again so naps may go haywire again. Will be in touch again asap if that's the case.How does that day today sound though to you ? I feel like I got it right?

« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2015, 13:12:35 pm »
Lots of healthy vibes xx. What time was bedtime? Tbh if you can get away with a late nap and she still settles well for bed then I would run with it until you have issues. We sometimes did a split lunch, more like two big snacks, one before nap and one after. But my kids will eat and go to bed right after!
Heidi

Offline Canadian Nat

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2015, 21:23:24 pm »
I think BT was 7pm?

Naps have gone haywire as expected as quite poorly...Will  post soon