Author Topic: Getting very bored of NWs now.....7mo  (Read 6434 times)

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 48
Re: Getting very bored of NWs now.....7mo
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2015, 09:46:32 am »
Hurayyyy:)

Are you planning to cap the nap or rather pushing BT? What time J has her BT?
~Marta

Offline goldmom

• Showing Appreciation 23
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2015, 13:01:40 pm »
Yay! I keep reminding myself through all the short naps that I want long naps but I need undisturbed nights.

Offline LovelyLilyandJack

• Showing Appreciation 44
  • Formerly lovelylily
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2015, 13:12:30 pm »
Yay!!! I'd call that sstn as well, for sure  :)

Offline jakobsmom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
  • Jakob first b-day
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2015, 13:21:36 pm »
Following along hoping some of this great advice will help with DS :)

*Kristen*

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2015, 13:24:53 pm »
Well my plan had been to keep naps same, move BT to 7pm (J goes to bed at 6.30pm so that works fine) and then if still NWs to cut am nap, bring pm nap earlier and allow longer A to bed. 

But....obviously after a good night he didn't want to nap at 9am ::). So it was a touch later, 9.10-9.50 (I woke him after 40 rather than 45 mins) and he's just faffed about going for his nap at lunchtime too.  So probably should have cut the morning to 30.  I suspect it'll be a short nap now as he didn't really seem tired and tends to just settle when tired enough/OT. 

I'm thinking if an ok night tonight, from tomorrow 30 mins morning nap? 

Jakobsmom, good to see you :). Our DSs sound similar....

Offline LovelyLilyandJack

• Showing Appreciation 44
  • Formerly lovelylily
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2015, 16:44:30 pm »
Yep, I agree.  I'm pretty sure that's what we were on at this age with Jack.

Offline jakobsmom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
  • Jakob first b-day
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2015, 18:46:27 pm »
Hmm interesting.  Thank you for the welcome Katherine :). I too am going to try the 30 minute am nap with a pm nap no longer than 2 hours.  What are your A times like during the day?  DS seems ok with 3.15 am, 3.5 before second nap and 4 to bed.  It seems crazy....  That being said we are still working on the correct balance.

*Kristen*

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2015, 07:00:23 am »
Kirsten - A times are 2.5-3h (sometimes a touch longer if wakes early but that's based on 6-6.30 WU), 3h20-25ish and then we're trying for about 4h last A give or take.  Capped 45 minute first nap and up to 2h second nap.  Haven't yet shortened the first nap as the last three nights have been better, some short OT wakings or cries that I didn't have to go in for but no long NWs :D. Probably just need to hold steady for a while here and then tweak again if the long NWs start up...

Offline Bears mum

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2015, 10:02:17 am »
Glad things are improving, we are still having 60-90 minute WU anywhere from between 1.30  and 3.00. Reading back through your post gives me some hope as so far tweaking naps has not made any difference. He can have 2 x 2hr naps if an early WU, and then a long run to BT or sometimes has had only 2 1/2 hour sleep and so needed a short CN. The main issue, I think, has been a longish morning nap of 1 1/2 - 2 hours. Doesn't usually impact on the second nap and had been allowing a nice long A time of 2.45hrs. I am thinking that this might be too long and so today we have capped at an hour (don't want to jump too quickly). Will let him have 2 hours later if he wants and hopefully this will see him through to BT. Just not sure how long he's going to last this morning  :-\

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2015, 09:17:53 am »
Bears mum - I know you have your own thread so won't go into too much detail here but just to say at this age a CN can interfere with nights as can too short A times.....2h45 isn't very long really ;) and your NWs still sound UT.

B is pretty grouchy right now, he's getting more consolidated night sleep but has had shorter afternoon naps the last few days and been exhausted by bedtime.  Probably need to tweak something again....though equally he is trying to crawl, possibly teething again and about to hit another WW ::) never a dull moment!

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2015, 14:12:49 pm »
Well I guess the grouchy was OT.......today has looked like this:

WU 6.30 (not a bad night, a bit unsettled around 3.30/4)
Nap 9-9.40 (I woke)
Nap 11.50-13.40!  Was horribly grouchy and fell asleep in the car, would not be woken so transferred to bed (first time ever)

Does anyone have any thoughts/advice for the rest of the day?  I have to get DD from nursery around 4.30/5pm so that's the window for a CN in the car if he'll take one.  Or EBT?  (Though will be a long A time).  Kind of a rock and hard place situation.......

Offline goldmom

• Showing Appreciation 23
« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2015, 14:47:06 pm »
Wow, that's a rough one. I can't believe he's so tired...something must be up. I'd let a cn in the car if he takes it - then a regular 7 bt; otherwise ebt at 6:15/6:30.

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 48
« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2015, 14:56:16 pm »
My ideas Katherine what's happening:
- are you in 6th WW? we usually have A downgrade at the end of stormy period which are followed by jump in A; btw happened to me two weeks ago when going through 7th leap.... Blaaaa!
- crawling makes him very tired; also happened here couple of weeks ago when he started

If you can I would do a short catnap and normal BT. Without CN I would also push for as normal BT as possible as he slept for a nice amount of time today so there is nothing to catch up with during night:).
~Marta

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2015, 15:20:43 pm »
Thanks girls, we'll take his lovey, make sure he's full of food and crank the heating up in the car ;)

Marta I think we're just about to head into ww6.  Certainly his fussiness fits with that though equally could just be OT from pushing his routine quite quickly.  Really hope he'll go for the CN actually today, EBT will be a pain as I am on solo BT duties and DD won't handle a late night after nursery today...

Eta - he's gone for the CN, barely in the car 10 mins before crashing out at 16.20 ???  Am going to give him 20 mins then aim for normal BT if he's ok.  Not like him, he's either v OT or something else is up :( let's hope it doesn't all backfire with horrendous NWs...

« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 16:36:03 pm by jessmum46 »

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2015, 20:00:01 pm »
Just pondering....if anyone has any thoughts.....pushing BT out has in general made the nights better, but he is really quite grumpy and tired by BT at 6.45/7pm (am ignoring today, it was a mess :P) and has crashed out feeding each time.  Possibly the accumulated tiredness is what caused today's disaster.  I'm wondering if he needs the long A before bed to sleep well at night, but with his current routine has too much A time earlier in the day so is too tired to manage it properly if that makes sense?  So would we be better to go back to the 6.30pm BT but say aim for a longer nap 12.30-2.30 and shorten the morning nap (and subsequent A time) to allow that to happen?  I don't think he is very LSN even if he needs that long A, I'd have thought he'd be a bit happier if he was!