Author Topic: Getting very bored of NWs now.....7mo  (Read 6393 times)

Offline michaeljacknnugg

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 214
  • New life
Re: Getting very bored of NWs now.....7mo
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2015, 17:12:56 pm »
I think I'd push bedtime, if it were me. Might make life feel a little less rushed in the evening, too?
My 'little man' - kind-hearted Spirited whirlwind, 2008
My love, my everything - BabyTwo, Nov 2015

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2015, 19:06:00 pm »
Later BT could work with us, guess we'd have to push gradually though. Would you move the rest of the routine forwards too? Otherwise it's a long time 3pm to BT....wondering if the first A which is shortest atm needs to be lengthened? Or would you just stick with 9-9.45, 1-3 (ideally) then push on to 7pm??

Offline michaeljacknnugg

• New life
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2015, 19:14:41 pm »
You can try it, see what happens and go from there. DS always had a pretty long A until bed - until he got to one nap and then had an extremely long morning.

Offline goldmom

• Showing Appreciation 23
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2015, 19:24:13 pm »
Well you know my OT loving LO, we do 3-7 as awake time all the time  ::). (We do 2-7 sometimes too, but I don't like doing that). If you aren't having EW issues with a short am A time, I would just leave it with the long A time till bed.

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2015, 21:07:18 pm »
Ok we will try....I'm discounting yesterday as the late WU made everything a bit silly. We had our usual messing around for an hour or so 2am ish last night but (drum roll....) no night feed!!!!!  Yay ;D now to stick to that...

Today we did WU 6.15, naps 9-9.45 and 1-3pm, I woke him from both. He seemed to be losing the plot completely by 6pm though ??? But nevertheless pushed on for a bit, asleep for 6.30/35ish which is latest for a while (it's usually been closer to 6.15pm) so will see what tonight brings.

Offline emily3434

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2015, 02:05:37 am »
I know your building around a toddler routine as well….but I would agree…perhaps pushing everything out a bit - first nap, capped, then second nap (although I would let this nap go long as needed) and after a good 2 hour nap, I think 4 hrs A is manageable at 7 months for some kids.  perhaps a little snack or something to keep his attention elsewhere :)  best of luck!  keep us posted!!  congrats on no night feed!

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2015, 07:18:16 am »
Thanks Emily :)

So not sure if I would call last night better or worse to be honest.  What do you think?  We had NWs at 21.30 (ss), sometime after midnight (had to go in once) and 3.30am (ss).  Then awake 5.45am so I fed him and he went back off until I woke him at 7. 

So plus side, I only got up the once and I don't think the midnight-ish waking was as long as some of them have been.  Not entirely sure, I fell asleep ::) but still 3 wakings and an early start, though not 'technically' an EW I guess.....
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 08:12:05 am by jessmum46 »

Offline goldmom

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2015, 23:49:28 pm »
I would stick to it for a few days to see what happens. The only thing you're doing differently than usual is the 15 minutes later bt?

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2015, 13:31:38 pm »
I'm going for a bit later BT and also trying to push out the second nap just a touch.  Last night wasn't bad, a bit unsettled but we are doing better at not having to intervene.  Will report back in a few days when I've tweaked a little more.  Thanks for checking in x

Interestingly I looked back and DD was doing 3h20-30 A times, even up to 4h at times at this age so maybe I have LSN kids?!

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 48
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2015, 21:48:22 pm »
Ha, just found it Catherine. Count me in as a LSN theory believer. I was capping both naps at some stage and ... had the best ever nights those times. I was even waking him at 7am those days! We did max of 2,5 daytime sleep and 12,5h day. 20min first nap, up to 2h second one. I strongly believe that with early morning nap, they need to have a place during day when they get tired, YK? With equal A, they get tired slightly every time and with this routine I believe they need one longish A.
~Marta

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2015, 08:31:40 am »
Thanks Marta, wondered if you'd pop in!

So.....DS STTN last night!!!  First time since October.  6.30pm BT, sounded like he was in light sleep from about 5.20am but not properly awake until he yelled for us at 5.50am.  So a good night although start of day earlier than usual.  Probably because he had consolidated sleep for once!  And tbh that's as much night sleep as could be expected with 45 mins & 2h yesterday.

So looks like we need to work on about 14h sleep in 24 which fits with what you said Marta - 2.5h day sleep and 12.5h day. 

Will keep you posted....

Offline michaeljacknnugg

• New life
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2015, 09:22:55 am »
Yay!!

Offline goldmom

« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2015, 13:47:48 pm »
Keep it up! So glad it's a small routine adjustment issue and not discomfort.

Offline *Liz*

• Showing Appreciation 394
  • Living beyond
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2015, 19:17:15 pm »
DS1 would have easily handled that routine at this age  :). He was 3.5-4hrs A time. So was DD really.

I think BWer does expect a lot of sleep.... If you were to look at other methods it would be a perfectly normal routine for the age iyswim?

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 48
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2015, 20:49:27 pm »
Agree with Liz:). There are many recommended routines and some recommend even 3 naps till 8/9mo but even (baby sleep site) but altogether less sleep. If think that Tracy also never said exactly to the minute how much sleep they need. She even has a great example of a kid in BWSAYP sleeping from 8pm till 6am and she says it's fine:).
~Marta