Author Topic: Feeding and activity in EASY  (Read 957 times)

Offline Missy Lou

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 138
Feeding and activity in EASY
« on: January 02, 2015, 21:11:05 pm »
Dd is 11 weeks. 9 weeks adjusted. Not sure if two weeks early makes a difference though with EASY. 

In the book, Tracy says between 6 weeks and 4 months dd should be eating 4-6 oz. my dd mostly nurses but we have been doing bottles for half the feedings in the last day or so.  When she had formula, she only takes about 2 ounces every 3 hours.

Her awake time is about 1.25 hour.

Her naps are awful. Pretty much no sleep without being rocked to sleep. I've posted on sleep board about naps.

I was thinking maybe she should go longer between feedings since she only takes 2 ounces?  But she definitely can't do more than 1.25 hour for activity. Especially since I started sleep training today which equals no sleeping so far.

What does EASY look like if she eats every 3.5 hours but can only have an awake time of 1.25?  Am I wrong about the feeding times?  Should I stay with 3 hour feedings until she stay up longer?

I've looked at the sample routines but those routines have a longer A time than dd can do. So I don't know which is the right EASY routine for dd.

Thank you.

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
Re: Feeding and activity in EASY
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 21:53:18 pm »
Tracy said that babies should be on 3hrly feeds until at least 4mo and many BF babies would feed even more often so I definitely wouldn't try to stretch feeding out just yet.

If you have just introduced FF then it could be she isn't taking much while she gets used to the bottle. Neither of mine took more than a few ounces (of EBM) from the bottle really as they weren't keen on them. She may well be taking significantly more from the breast at each sitting. BF babies take smaller more frequent feeds than FF babies. What is your plan going forward re the feeding? Are the bottles an attempt to mix feed or wean or something else?

Most babies need help sleeping at this age. I would do shush pat for now. Shush-pat - How to
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011

Offline Missy Lou

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 22:47:00 pm »
We are doing both formula and nursing. I have to return to work in a week. I plan on pumping at work and nursing when I get home about 5 as well as once during the night. Other than that she will have a bottle.

Thank you for the link.  Today is day 1 of sleep training. Been a loud day =)

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 23:01:39 pm »
Ok so I expect she will begin to take more from the bottle as she gets used to it.

Good luck with the sleep training.
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011

Offline Missy Lou

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2015, 23:22:15 pm »
Awesome.  Thank you for your help 😊😊