Author Topic: 16 week old - can't get into a routine due to short naps!  (Read 3670 times)

Offline Melworldwide

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
16 week old - can't get into a routine due to short naps!
« on: January 03, 2015, 14:19:52 pm »
Hello all,

I was hoping to ask some advice on my gorgeous boy who is 16 weeks today. I am a first time mama.

I have been working on this for weeks and made some progress with sleeping (he sleeps through more often than not, falls asleep independently and evening bedtimes are much better), but I have still yet to achieve the 'perfect' day of naps after over a month of trying. I can't get it right! I am also keen to get him on a 3.5 hour EASY due to his age, but due to his 45 minute naps there are cross overs with feeds/naps so I am still on a very variable 3 hour schedule!

The issue I am having is that his wake-up time is really inconsistent so no two days are the same. It varies between 5-7am. Before 6am I night feed him and he usually goes back to sleep. After 6.30am I get him up.

I usually put him down after 50 mins on his first nap and 1h 15/20 the rest of the day. These timings resulted in good first 2 naps for around a week until yesterday, but now he is on 45 mins again. He tends to falls asleep within 20-30 mins but this varies hugely so I am a little in the dark with what his awake time actually is!

Afternoon naps are so hard and I think I have managed only a few afternoon naps ever - he just fights them, cries and gets so frustrated.

Yesterdays EASY was as follows:

Woke 5.50 - fed, back to bed.
Woke 7.15
E 7.30
A 8.00
S 8.05 (45 minutes. fell asleep in less than 10 mins)
A 8.45
E 9.30
A 9.45
S 10.45 (1 hour, took 45 mins to fall asleep!)
E 11.45
A 12.05
S 13.20 (45 mins)
A 14.05
E 14.40
A 15.15
S - failed nap! I put him down after 1h 15 and he tried for over an hour to sleep but failed. I ended up taking him in the sling for a walk to 'reset' him:
S 17.15
A 17.45
S 19.45 - perfect bedtime, slept in less than 5 minutes with no crying.

Today:
Awoke 6.30
E 6.45
S 8am (2 hours - took 35 mins to fall asleep and fully woke at 45 mins but got back to sleep after 10 mins).
A 10.00
E 10.20
A 10.45
S 11.35 (40 mins - took 10 mins to fall asleep)
A 12.15
E 13.15
S 14.00 (took 20 mins to fall asleep)

.. He's been asleep 15 mins so far.

Sorry, I feel like the above two days aren't much of a routine at all!

He fits into the textbook baby profile, but shows no tired signs other than red eyebrows which usually means I have missed the window, so with his falling asleep time varying greatly I am really confused where I am going wrong.

I am just desperate for him to have better, more restorative naps and I think I must be literally 5 minutes off here and there but no idea where!!

Thank you so much for your help.

Offline Mommyadel

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: 16 week old - can't get into a routine due to short naps!
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 03:40:45 am »
Oh darling I feel your pain!! My LO will only do 45 min naps and it is so frustrating! My LO is 5 1/2 months old and I just try to focus on the feeding schedule... Right now I'm working her out to 4hrs between feeds and sometimes when she eats she should be napping so I just feed her and put her down for a nap. I did the shh-pat with my little one to get her to fall asleep on her own as she needed some coaching. Anything change to the LO usually takes about 4 days minimum to kick in or take effect.

My advice is focus on the feeding and then the sleep schedule and maybe try the shh- pat if the little one won't nap at all at least then you won't have an OT baby in the afternoon. Sometimes when my little one is too OT she won't eat very much and will just want to nap which throws a wrench into things. 

I take the whole schedule with a grain of salt. You can only do what you can do and your LO won't do anything they don't want to do so no sense in trying to force it. If my feed schedule is say at 2pm and her nap is at 1:45 I will push her out to 2 pm because for me the feeding schedule is more important for me.
Your doing great momma! Hope that helps not sure if that is good advice or not but there are lots of s out there with the whole 45 min nap issue! :)

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 03:53:20 am »
By the afternoon, he'd be overtired from the short naps all day. At 16 weeks, that A time would usually be up around the 2hr mark, especially the first one after wake up which gives you the best chance at a longer first nap and hence a better cycle all day. Given he managed a 1hr nap after 2hr A time, almost half of which was trying to get him to sleep, I'd say you could easily do the 2hr A times from tomorrow and give it 4-5 days to settle before looking at whether any tweaking is necessary to get the routine to suit him.

Is LO breast or formula fed? This can make a difference at this age, definitely worth doing a top up if LO is having trouble making the 4hr.

Keep in mind this is a routine, not a schedule. There are average A times which are a good place to start when you're not sure and tweak from there. The idea is to keep thing predictable for LO, the EAS order helps with that.

Offline Melworldwide

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2015, 08:23:23 am »
Thanks both - for the words of encouragement and advice!
Mommyadel I think I'll follow suit and focus on the feeds.. Good plan! I'm pretty sure this is whats helping my DS STTN.

I'll give the 2 hour awake time a go too and report back. Im nervous this will give him OT naps but as you say I need 4 days for this to settle down.

Much appreciated thanks again! :)

Offline becj86

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2015, 09:01:39 am »
You can expect a couple OT OT wakings at 30min into the nap but those should be easier to resettle than the 45min UT wakings :)

Offline Ma.of.Bo

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Bơ today ♡♥♡♥
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2015, 11:41:58 am »
Hi there,

Melworldwide, my DS is 15w.o now & Iam taking 1h40m A for him. But he still has.  ..6CN(45min each) a day.  Hehe
So I think u can try 1h50A or 2hA without worrying :)

Im going to increase his A to 1h50A tomorrow. Good luck for you & me :)

Ah, sorry to ask. Do u feed him every 2hours?
Má yêu con - Bơ ngoan ♡♥♡♥♡♥

Offline Mommyadel

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2015, 03:10:29 am »
So I asked some questions and here is a link ( hopefully it works) to "A" time and what is age appropriate. If she is napping 45 mins she needs more activity time... Try maybe extending the A time by 15 mins each day to see if the LO will sleep longer. A 45 min nap means she is under tired. A 30 min nap means she is OT and the activity time is too long.  For her age she should be doing about 1:20-1:40 mins of activity time.  Perhaps try and push your little one out tomorrow after her first wake to 1:30mins and she how long she sleeps. Be sure to be there at around the 3min mark and the 45 min mark in case they need re-settling. Since the A time is increased they will be ot the first few times.

I did this with my little one today and she slept 2 hours after the appropriate amount of "a" time I was so happy!!! Hopefully it works for you.

Offline Melworldwide

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2015, 12:26:53 pm »
Thanks MommyAdel for the info .. I tried putting him down 10 mins later yesterday on the first nap and resulted in a 30 min nap and OT naps all day as we were out for the afternoon - poor baba was a little mess by bedtime!
I just tried on the second nap 1h40 awake time and we had another 45mn. hmmm. Ill add another 5 mins tomorrow. Its a lot of trial and error isn't it?

Really excited for your 2 hour nap!

Is it best to focus on just one nap a day? I just never know how quickly he will fall asleep so Im finding it really hard to control his A time..

Also - I sometimes get 40mn naps - is that UT or OT?

Ma.of.Bo - yes good luck, let me know how you get on with 1h50.. Im going to try on next nap! We are still on 3h feeds so on more of an AEAS routine!

Please keep me posted ladies… I sometimes feel like I'm getting a little obsessive about these things but guess I'm a mummy now  ;)

Offline Mommyadel

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2015, 16:33:27 pm »
Well I was told the best nap is the first one of the day. With my buns u can tell when she is getting tired because she slows down and starts to whine. So my routine for my lo nap is take her from toys to her room, change her bum and talk calmly to her, draw the blinds and turn in the fan , set her in her crib, offer soother and snuggle stuffier and close the door. She knows what to expect because I do the same thing everytime. So "A" time is from the moment they wake up to the moment they close their eyes asleep. If she is tired I know for my lo its max 5 mins for her to settle.

Your are absolutely right about trial and error, but it's ok because we all want the best for our lo and an ot baby is never fun.

So if he only sleeps 45 mins in the morning try again for the same time in the afternoon for "a" time and if ge only sleeps 45 mins after that nap, maybe cut her "A" time by a little bit by her last nap because she will be OT.

Maybe stick close to home the next few days (if you can) so you can focus on that. I travelled yesterday and it just threw a wrench into everything after her first nap.
Hopefully you find the magic number!!

Offline Melworldwide

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2015, 20:01:05 pm »
Thanks Mommyadel! So today was good - first nap was 1h30 after extending his awake time 10 mins.

Second nap was OT but I helped him through it so managed another 1h30.

Third nap was 30mn OT and I couldn't resettle him so he was really tired by bedtime.

Its a massive improvement though and I'll just keep resettling for the OT naps for 4 days as you guys suggest.

I'm so pleased with the progress already just for the first nap.. Lets hope we manage it consistently now. And yes, going to try to be at home for a few days so we can really nail it - great idea!
Thanks again!  :) :)

Offline Melworldwide

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2015, 12:13:13 pm »
Hello all

I thought I'd check in and ask your expertise again as in the past 4 weeks our naps have gone down the pan completely, and I have lost any consistency to baba's day.

He is also night waking again (drat!! He was sleeping through consistently) but falls asleep independently for naps and bedtime. He has also started waking closer to 6am, not 7am so his night sleeps are getting shorter taking into account any new wakings/feedings.

I think he needs more A time but every nap is now OT and I am spending my days HTTJ and wondering when I will ever hit the fictional 'perfect A time'! He generally takes 20-30 mins to fall asleep.

I haven't kept an EASY log for most of the week but yesterday looked like this - he had a lot more sleep than usual.

Woke 6.20
E 7.00 (had previously woken at 4.40am and fed so I stretched out this feed)
A 7.20
S 8.10 (put him down at 1h40mins and took 10 mins to settle) -slept 2h15 - Overtired / HTTJ nap
E 10.30
A 10.45
S 11.55 - in the buggy - slept 1h
A 13.00
E 13.30
A 13.45
S 14.45 - 40 minutes
A 15.15
E 16.30
A 16.45
E 18.15
S 19.30
(no cat nap as BT would be later)

Today:
Woke 6.40
E 7.00
A 7.20
S 8.55 (put down at 1h35 but he played for ages! A time over 2h20)
A 9.45
E 10.00
A 10.20
S 11.45 (put down at 1h40, played for 20 mins in crib)
--- and we will keep you posted as I am about to go in and HTTJ

A couple of other q's if I may…
Is 40 mins nap UT or OT?
What is the best A time before BT at 20 weeks?

Thank you thank you!!!

Offline Melworldwide

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2015, 12:35:14 pm »
Also to mention - when he wakes at night he is now playing in his cot - the other night for 2 hours!

I am sure this is a real telltale sign of something in the day which needs tweaking..

Offline becj86

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2015, 07:35:58 am »
The 1hr and 40 min naps are likely UT. Definitely worth extending that A time a bit more, especially after a good 2:15 nap.

It sounds like you're in an OT/UT loop, whereby LO is UT at BT, so having these long wakings, playing at night (waking earlier is also part of this fun UT thing) and then is OT at the start of the day due to not sleeping as much as he should have over night having a monster nap early in the day to make up for the NW and EW.

So, best to push those A times again. Do you know his cues? I found I had to watch for cues in a time allocated by the clock, so not totally doing the routine by the clock, but keeping an eye out because a lot of DS' cues doubled up, so in this case, I would watch for sleepy signs after 2hr, expecting them around 2:10 or 2:20 and do a fairly short wind down, depending on temperament.

Offline Melworldwide

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2015, 09:07:09 am »
Hi BecJ86

Thanks for the reply. I'm confused though.. Sometimes he will wake from his last nap at 15.00 so go through until bedtime at 7, then cry for 30 mins (I think OT?) before finally sleeping. So his last A time can be as much as 4 hours.

Is the UT possibly due to nap lengths?

Last night was AWFUL. DS woke every 1.5 hours from bedtime through till this morning. Yesterday he slept a total of 1h45 mins (3 naps, 2 of which OT) do you think he was OT through the night?

Yesterdays EASY was as follows:

Woke 6.40
E 7.00
A 7.20
S 8.55 (slept 50m, but was awake 2h20.. Im confused by this as this should be in theory shortest A time of the day?)
A 9.45
E 10.00
A 10.20
S 11.45 (put down at 1h40, played for 20m, slept 35m, A time 2h)
A 12.20
E 13.20
A 13.45
S 14.35 (put down at 1h45, played for 30m, slept 35m, A time 2h15)
A 15.10
E 17.00 & 18.00
S 19.30 - we put him down at 18.30 to compensate for short naps but he was super unsettled and I had to hold him to sleep which is really unusual..
-Lots of night wakings last night!!!

Can I ask some more q's?
-Morning nap - usually this is the only one where I manage to resettle him from OT - should I cap this nap at 1.5 hours? Usually he can sleep 2 hours if I resettle him at this nap. Could this be creating NW? The 4 hour cycle suggests 1.5-2h naps x 2 at this age?
-What should his A time be before bedtime?
-4 month regression - could he be going through this or is the regression all to do with A time anyway?
-Finally - A time.. if I am aiming for 2h, but he is doing OT naps at 1h50 (he's been doing this for the last week) does this mean I should still extend A time? I feel like I don't understand where I should be at all, he doesn't really show tired signs but goes from happy to crying in a couple of minutes!

I am starting to feel a bit down about this as our little champion sleeper is regressing and I feel like it is all my fault!!

Thanks again  :)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 09:14:30 am by Melworldwide »

Offline Melworldwide

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2015, 18:49:50 pm »
Hello all - have also posted on this in the general sleep board but no replies..

Would be so grateful for advice as I am feeling so down about all of this and completely lost!

Thank you :)

Offline becj86

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2015, 19:40:38 pm »
Hi, how old is he now? That first A time doesn't have to be short, in fact, for some babies it suits them if that's the longest A time of the day. It is important that the first A time is a good length, to help distinguish night from day and discourage wakings through the early morning hours. Of course LO will wake when hungry and should be fed but excessive wakings through the early AM can be related to short first A time.

A 50 min nap is usually UT, not OT. That said, you're probably close to the right A time there if he resettles. I note that didn't happen on the day you posted though.
After a short nap, you may need to reduce the following A time by approximately half the lost sleep.

A time before BT is usually about the same as the rest of the A times through the day, sometimes a little longer or shorter depending on the child but if you start off with them pretty much the same, you can tweak from there.

The regression is to do with development. The sleep cycles become more pronounced and LO has to learn how to transition through the light sleep stage between each cycle. It's these wakings which tend to happen at 40-50min. That could be the culprit for your first nap by after that, 30 min naps are classic OT.

What is your LO's temperament? Spirited? Touchy? This can have a bearing on nap and BT routine. What are you doing at PD? I note he's taking a while to get to sleep which means it's likely he's going to bed UT and then ending up OT because he is havin trouble getting to sleep.  He's unlikely to be happy about being put in bed when not tired, so that could be the reason for some of the crying.

Not sure what to suggest without those answers:
1. Current age of your LO
2. Temperament of your LO

Offline Mommyadel

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2015, 03:35:50 am »
Try this as a guide... U might have to move your bedtime earlier if they are waking early until they can get on a schedule. If you have to increase a time do it in 10-15min increments a few days at a time to get the proper a time. Doing it all at once will cause an over tired baby.
 Read it over and let me know if you have any questions.. Hang in there momma!

What are A times?

A (Activity) time is all the time LO is awake.  It includes feeding, diaper changes, playtime, winding down, shh/pat and the going to sleep process.  In other words, any time your baby is not in a stage of sleep is A time.

If your plan is to have 1.5 hours of A time keep in mind the length of your winddown and how long it takes your baby to actually fall asleep.  As a result, you may be starting the wind down after 1 hour and have him in the crib at 1 hour 15 minutes to allow 15 minutes to go to sleep.  Spirited (and sometimes Touchy) bubs may need a short winddown and a short going to sleep process so adjust this timing accordingly.

While you should always watch your baby for sleepy cues to decide when to put him down, you do want to have a general idea of how much A time you are aiming for.  Sometimes the first yawn (with young babies what about particular types??) can be too late.  Furthermore, after 6 months some older babies either stop giving sleep cues or the normal cues are no longer reliable.  This is not meant to encourage clock-watching, but instead help you learn your baby's (new) cues & respond to his needs accordingly.

How Do I Adjust EASY if I have a Short Napper?

Short naps really throw a wrench into the EASY plan!  30 minute naps usually mean OT (overtired) and 45 minute naps can mean OT or UT (undertired).  Knowing that will help you to plan an appropriate A time for your baby.  For example, if he had 1 hour A time and did a 45 minute nap he may have needed a longer A time.  If, on the other hand, he had 2 hours A time and did a 30 minute nap he likely needed a shorter A time.

Whatever the reason for the short nap, they won’t be well rested when they wake up and therefore won’t be able to tolerate normal (for their age) A times.  For at least the next cycle (and possibly all day) you will need to reduce A times.

Between the short naps and adjusting the subsequent A time(s) your EASY will look more like EASAS or EASAEAS.  This is okay; it’s important for LO to have more naps in a day if they are all short.  Your main goal at this point is to accumulate enough day sleep overall and continue to encourage independent sleep.

Therefore, if your baby has a short nap and you can’t settle him back down for more sleep (count all resettling time as A time if baby does not fall back asleep), they may have a short, quiet A time outside of the crib, but possibly not outside of his bedroom, and then go back for another nap before it’s time for the next feed.  Try your best to fit the feeds around the short naps (granted, this can be difficult!!) which may mean feeding slightly earlier or later depending on when the nap falls.  With short napping it’s generally more important for them to get back on track with sleep to avoid OT than it is to have their feed exactly on time.

So although you may plan your day with the “regular” A times in mind, the subsequent A time (and the rest of your day) depends on the length of this first nap.  If the first nap is long enough (usually greater than an hour) repeat the length of the first A time in the next EASY cycle.  If, however, the first nap is short (less than 45 min) shorten your next A time by at least 30 minutes.  Hopefully this will allow LO to have the next nap as long as necessary in order to get back on track with EASY.

How do I know my baby is ready to increase their A times?

With regards to whether it's time to extend A time, your lo is the best gauge of that. Signs are if he's starting to be more difficult to get to sleep for his naps, or if his naps start to be cut short – this means that his body’s not quite tired enough to relax enough for a longer, more refreshing nap. It's always best to increase A time in increments, usually of around 10-15 mins. Any more could result in an overtired & cranky lo.

When you are upping A times some babies HATE it!! This is a situation where we say 'Mummy knows best!'. Once they are used to the A time push- this only takes a day or 2- they are much happier and sleeping better. Also- they can seem tired and grumpy- when they actually need a change in scenery.

What are the Average A times for my baby?

Here is a general guideline of what you can expect regarding awake time for your lo: (remember some babies get a little more, some a little less. It's just a rough guideline)

Awake time for babies
Newborn 50-60 mins
1 month 60 mins-hour and 15
2 months 1 hour and 15 - 20 mins
3 months 1 hour and 20 - 30 mins
4 months 1 hour and 45 - 2 hours
5 months 2 hours - 2.25 hours
Late 5 months/early 6 months 2.25-2.5 hours
6.5 - 7 months 2.75-3 hours. Some are getting more.
8 - 10 months 3 - 4 hours. Some are getting more.
11 - 12 months 3.5 -4.5 hours. Some are getting more if moved early to 1 nap

Offline Melworldwide

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2015, 15:41:33 pm »
Hello!

I thought I would check back in to update on where we are at - I've seen quite a few people reading this thread so I hope this may be useful for someone.

I was trying for weeks at around 1h50 A time, 1h55, 1h45, and was so confused at the constant 30m naps. It was driving me mad! I bit the bullet this week, and did a big A time push and realised DS is at about 2h30 for all naps, and 5 months + 1 week.. It seems he did a massive A time jump and his 30m naps were under tired!

His nights are starting to settle now too. Thanks so much newkidontheblock for the support its very much appreciated  :)

Offline Kiramusa

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2015, 16:23:58 pm »
Hi there
I am having exactly the same situation. Lo seems to be on a routine but in practice frankly he is not... Short naps, feeds all over the place, ot, nw, etc.  I reread "the BWSolves all your problems" book and found the answer! I wont quote the whole chapter here so i recommend u read the chapter "Pick up/put down" (pg 219 in my book...). Main point is to stick to exact times while training lo. Same time feeds, same time naps. Only for the time to get on track.  I am only in day two (out of the 2 weeks to go), but already see changes. My lo is 3.5 month old and we are planning to move to 4h easy within these two weeks. Precise instructions are given in that chapter. Good luck! Hope we all finally get there)))

Offline Melworldwide

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2015, 10:04:59 am »
Hi @Kiramusa

Thanks - I haven't got the book but maybe I should if you are seeing results! This is what I would love, to follow an EASY but with set times. But different wake up times every day mean an inconsistent pattern. Sometimes LO wakes at 5am and I can't get him back to sleep, so our first nap would be 7.30am! Its driving me crazy and no wonder each night is different, if each day is too. Poor baby doesn't know where he is  :'(
I am stuck on 30 minute naps again and just pushing A times again after a 2 hour cot party last night. Fingers crossed.

Thanks again.

Offline Mommyadel

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2015, 04:23:51 am »
Ok so what is the LO doing now for an easy routine ? My LO use to do that at night time too, I've moved her from 3 naps to 2 naps a day. I too was dealing with the 45/30 min naps but now she sleeps 1:20hr in the morning and an 1:20hrs in the afternoon. And if she gets a crappy 30 min nap the. I try to push her out to bedtime. But I also pushed her to that over a few weeks. The morning is the best time to get best nap since she just had a long sleep. But try not to get too worked up about the schedule and some easy times might be EASEAEAS because of the 30 min naps and might have to tweet your feeding times to accommodate the naps. ( if she sleeps at 10am and she eats at 10:15.. Then feed her at 10 and then put her for a nap) make sense?
Hope that helps!

Offline Melworldwide

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2015, 14:19:15 pm »
Thanks hon.
Our routine is all over the place, I think he's in the 3-2 too. 4 nights of 2 hours + wakings - I am broken! But usually 30m - 30m - 30m or 1.5h - 30m - 20m. With A times around 2h45.. Its mathematical isn't it, having a baby? So it all adds up to bedtime. But each combination of the above has resulted in the NWs so am going to drop his CN and hope this fixes things.
Im also going to try to implement set times as it's the only way we'll get some kind of structure. But he loves his 30m naps so it isn't going to be easy!! (or EASY, haha)
So what do your typical days do now? And you had these crazy NWs too in the past? Its encouraging to hear you're through the other side. I think we had a messy 4-3, then 3-2 happened straight after so its been all of the place these last 2 months. Determined to fix it!

Offline Mommyadel

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2015, 14:35:52 pm »
My typical routine is
Wake 5:30
Eat 7am
Activity 7-9
Sleep9-10:30
Eat 11
Activity 11-2
Sleep2-3
Eat 3
Activity 3-6
6-7 bath, bottle bed
But my LO is just getting over the rota virus and has dropped her dream feed and is waking at around 1am to feed ughhhh!! So I'm going to post and see what I can do to rectify. My LO was the same way and I was dying for some kind of routine so I set the first feed mark at 7am. So even if she wakes at 5/5:30 she won't be feed until 7am and that starts my routine. I dropped her Napa from 3-2 and it was hard as it resulted in an ot baby. She has come along way and if ur increasing activity time do it slowly.