Author Topic: She is bullying us  (Read 4619 times)

Offline Lollipop86

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: She is bullying us
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2015, 18:51:07 pm »
Long time no answer  :)  Well I know you are all very busy with all the questions. So I will write a little.
My DD is back to kindergarden. Today for the first time. I think she didn't sleep there very much and also she went quite late to bed yesterday so she fell asleep in the afternoon on a trip to a hill in the backpack. It is now 7.45 here and she is in bed. She is not asleep yet.
But I don't know if we are making any progress with the sleep thing. She wants her dad to cuddle her at BT. And he also went out to soon a few times and she woke up. He than said everything was allright and he would leave the door open. She was quiet then and eventually fell asleep.  ???
Unus, sed leo!

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2015, 20:20:38 pm »
Hi hun, I'd say that if she seems ok and not upset at the leaving the door open then that's progress...hopefully means she's feeling more at ease and knows you or DH will return if she needs you.

How have your nights been?x
Zoe

Offline weaver

• Showing Appreciation 210
  • May your choices reflect your hopes not your fears
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2015, 11:33:29 am »
She wants her dad to cuddle her at BT. And he also went out to soon a few times and she woke up. He than said everything was allright and he would leave the door open. She was quiet then and eventually fell asleep
This sounds great - she's got to lying quietly in her cot and going to sleep.  I think you've made huge progress there. :)

The ability to lie in her cot and wait to go to sleep is a great gift!  If she's happy there, don't worry about it.
*Anne*, loving mama to a honeybee (2010) and a sweetpea (2012).  BF for 4 proud years.

Offline Truly Blessed

• Showing Appreciation 125
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2015, 16:29:56 pm »
I echo what the ladies have said Hun, it''s super progress, and sometimes, accidentally we find that a LO can take a step further than we thought, and if you can go with it that's great, sometimes it works sometimes not, but as long as she isn't upset and coping all's well. Stick with it and well done to you all :) x.

Offline Lollipop86

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2015, 20:31:11 pm »
Thanks!

The only problem now is that it works only on my husband. She cries after me... Or she wants him. I don't know... she seems to be more relaxed with him.  :)
Well I hope she will let me do this eventually. For now maybe my DH will have to put her down.

The nights are great! She sleeps thrue them or maybe WU once to drink or if she gets tangled in her blanket. She sleeps 10-11 hours and 1-2 for NT. But she went back to kindergarden now and she has trouble sleeping there so she is a bit tired now. But I think this will normalise soon.
Unus, sed leo!

Offline weaver

• Showing Appreciation 210
  • May your choices reflect your hopes not your fears
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2015, 20:34:20 pm »
You can shoot for an early BT if she's tired after kindergarten and it suits your schedule.  Maybe try to accommodate her need for you in other ways - more cuddles, more 1-1 time?  Clearly it's something she needs to work through so I'd take it gently :) or, yes, let DH do it!
*Anne*, loving mama to a honeybee (2010) and a sweetpea (2012).  BF for 4 proud years.

Offline Truly Blessed

• Showing Appreciation 125
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2015, 20:37:58 pm »
The only problem now is that it works only on my husband. She cries after me... Or she wants him. I don't know... she seems to be more relaxed with him. 

I think it's just a Mammy thing, either they want you all the time, or they simply act differently for others even Daddy's, I have found that no matter what situation Mammy usually gets it more 'full blast' if you like, Sam pushes most of his boundaries with me. Maybe it's as simple as that.x.

x.

Offline Lollipop86

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2015, 07:30:30 am »
Quote (selected)
I think it's just a Mammy thing, either they want you all the time, or they simply act differently for others even Daddy's, I have found that no matter what situation Mammy usually gets it more 'full blast' if you like, Sam pushes most of his boundaries with me. Maybe it's as simple as that.x.

I agree and couldn't write better myself :)
I do exactly as my DH does but she won't stay calm. She usually wants him. "I want daddy." And than he comes and does like I did 30 seconds ago and it's fine :) So now she falls asleep with the door open. And it's OK. I'm just a little worried what will happen when we have some visiters and we talk... But we will deal with this when it happens :)
Unus, sed leo!