Author Topic: Any btdt advice on evening cluster feeds please?  (Read 1235 times)

Offline rugbykaf

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Any btdt advice on evening cluster feeds please?
« on: January 07, 2015, 23:14:34 pm »
Hi there,
DD is now 11 weeks old and has been almost constantly feeding between 7pm and 11/12ish since about 2 or 3 weeks.

I'd love to have an idea of when other cluster feeding babies stopped. 

FYI I've tried various things:
Topping up with a bottle
Fitting in extra feeds during the day
Offering a dummy
Trying to settle her in bed

Nothing seems to make a difference, she just wants to eat and doze at my breast until she finally conks out for the night between 11 and midnight.
Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that she then sleeps until 6-7am, but I was just wondering when I might get my evenings back.

Thanks

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
Re: Any btdt advice on evening cluster feeds please?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 02:51:24 am »
How does the daytime look? Could it be more a need for a routine tweak than a feeding thing? I don't remember with the older two but I think DD3 stopped clustering around 3/4 months old maybe.
Heidi

Offline rugbykaf

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 11:01:11 am »
I'll have a go at logging her routine over the next couple of days and get back to you. I'm afraid she has to work around her 3yr old twin brothers so sometimes her timings aren't ideal, although I do try to stick roughly to 1.5hrs A time and about 2.5-3.5 hours between feeds.

You say your DD stopped at about 3/4months. Do use think that was because you tweaked her routine or she just grew out of needing the cluster feeds?

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 17:24:54 pm »
She is very low sleep needs so was on 2 naps by 4 months so I don't think it was that, more a gradual shift. We did do a lot of top up feeds due to long A times so she may well have been stuffed by the end of the day. She was more clustering between 4-8 pm and then had bedtime.
Heidi