Author Topic: quick question about nap length  (Read 19870 times)

Offline LovelyLilyandJack

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 44
  • Formerly lovelylily
Re: quick question about nap length
« Reply #75 on: February 12, 2015, 21:01:00 pm »
Yes, good plan, I've done the same before just to save my sanity! Plus it's easier to do EBT if normal BT is a bit later.

Offline AMJ

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #76 on: February 13, 2015, 11:35:14 am »
That's it, it's just for my own sanity! :)

Offline AMJ

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #77 on: March 02, 2015, 18:59:52 pm »
Hello, how are you ladies?

It's been a week since we came back from our vacation and things have been interesting. We are doing now 1.5 hr nap that I wake DD from and her nights are still about 9.5hrs long (only had 1 night since we came back that was 9hrs50m long). What changed is that she is taking anywhere from 45m to over 1hr to fall asleep at BT!
What's interesting is that for the past 4/5 days she falls asleep at 7:40/7:50pm no matter what time I lay her in the crib. I had her in the crib at 6:30-7:00pm and she still fell asleep at the same time.

Just to remind you of our day:
Wu anywhere between 5am and 5:30 am
her nap starts at about 12:45ish pm ( 12:30 in the crib) and lasts till about 2:15pm

And she is still teething! I know you've said to just stick to it and hopefully it gets better after she is done teething but I was wondering if there is anything I could do to help her fall asleep sooner at BT? I dont' know if she is UT or OT because there are no tired signs of any kind before BT. She is playing nicely so DH and I just guesstimate when to put her to sleep.

Thanks a lot!

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #78 on: March 02, 2015, 19:07:17 pm »
Dyt she could need more of a cut to her nap?  By 22 months we were definitely not on a 1.5h average nap.  At home (4/7 days it would be up to 1.5h but I would usually wake her, nursery 3/7 days at least one if not 2 NNDs and one nap of around an hour). 

Offline AMJ

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #79 on: March 02, 2015, 19:13:59 pm »
Gosh I really don't know because we never ended up figuring out if 1.5hr nap was what she needed because of the trip. If I cut it to 1hr15m again, would you suggest to keep her BT at 7pm (crib at 6:30pm)??

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #80 on: March 02, 2015, 19:14:59 pm »
Yes I'd change one thing at a time then you will find it easier to see if it's helping or not x

Offline AMJ

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #81 on: March 02, 2015, 19:16:48 pm »
thanks Katherine, I will give that a try ...again lol.

Offline AMJ

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #82 on: March 09, 2015, 01:30:44 am »
An update:

After cutting DD's nap to 1hr15m we had really good 3 days which looked like this

WU around 5:30/5:40 am
Nap around 12:45 ish (12:30 crib)

WU 2:00 ish
BT 7:10/7:15 ( tried 7:35-7:45 crib)

I was scared to mention anything about her sleep in order not to jinx it and today I shared my happiness with a relative and bang.....jinxed it. I had her in the crib at 6:45 pm and she fell asleep at 7:30 so she is back to taking a long time to settle. And then she woke up at 11:55 pm and now it's 2:25am and she is still awake!!! I went in to her room twice. First time shortly after she WU and gave her Advil cause she is teething ( although she isn't crying but happily chatting). Then I went in just after 2am because she's never had a NWU longest then 2hrs so I was worried something is up. I asked her if she is in pain but she didn't reply. So I just told her it's time to sleep and no
More talking. Diaper was ok too.

I don't even know what to do and how to get her back to sleep? She's been self settling for a long time and me trying to get her to sleep will keep her up longer. I'm so confused and frustrated. I thought I finally got it figured out.

P.S. Fell asleep at 2:40ish am, I think ( so 2hrs40m long NWU  :o. ) Up for the day at 6:30ish am.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 05:38:51 am by AMJ »

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #83 on: March 09, 2015, 08:34:16 am »
Could be developmental....birthday coming up soon right?

Offline AMJ

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #84 on: March 09, 2015, 08:48:15 am »
yes she'll be 2 in a month.

How long would you stick to this routine before making another change?
thanks
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 11:36:39 am by AMJ »

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #85 on: March 11, 2015, 15:20:54 pm »
Generally I think if I saw a pattern emerging over a few days to a week the. I would try another tweak x

Offline AMJ

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #86 on: March 12, 2015, 04:50:49 am »
It's been over a week since her nap was cut to 1hr15m and I don't see any pattern only random things happening. First few day were good- fell asleep at BT in 30m and slept for 10/10.5hrs at night. Then she took 50m to fall asleep at BT and that night had long 2hr40m NWU. Then few more ok nights of 10hrs sleep and taking 30m to fall asleep at BT. Yesterday she was very tired before her nap and I barelly was able to wake her. Then again took 50m to fall asleep at BT and had only 9.5hrs night. Is she getting OT now or is it still UT? Do you see any patter in this? Maybe every few days she needs a slightly longer nap?

Long NWU and taking 50m to  settle at BT made me think she was UT but yesterday's tiredness before the nap, barelly wakening after the nap and taking 50m to fall asleep at BT and 9.5hr night makes me think OT just because of how hard it was to wake her at nap time. Or maybe she is still UT but OT from shorter nights?

Offline lolsyb1982

• Showing Appreciation 34
« Reply #87 on: March 12, 2015, 06:07:19 am »
Hi AMJ - guess what.....

We've got exactly the same thing going on!! I can't figure out how much day sleep she needs, her nights are 10hrs with a NW plus BT resistance.

We've got 2 weeks til birthday so I'm betting on that  ::)
Lauren

Offline AMJ

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #88 on: March 12, 2015, 07:14:28 am »
Lauren, I'm not surprised. Our LO's always been having similar sleep issues only yours is a bit lsn then mine :). How long is your LO's nap? Are you gonna make any changes or just stick to it and hope for the best lol?

Offline lolsyb1982

• Showing Appreciation 34
« Reply #89 on: March 12, 2015, 07:46:43 am »
She's on an hours nap. So far I haven't made any changes but I'm considering trying 45mins for a week to see if that makes a difference?

I'm at that point where I can't work out if she's UT or OT. She shows no tired signs anymore! Last week we had a day where she only took a 10min nap in the car and was completely fine all day in her mood and behaviour but that night had 4 or 5 NW starting 45 mins after she went to bed so completely OT but you'd never have guessed!!
Lauren