Author Topic: Help - Think we have hit 1-0 hard!  (Read 4307 times)

Offline Eva's Mummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 14
  • Gail
Help - Think we have hit 1-0 hard!
« on: January 09, 2015, 18:25:53 pm »
DD1 has always been a great sleeper. Just last week or a wee bit longer I cut her nap from 12:30 - 14:30/15:00 an BT 7 to nap 13 - 14:30 so get a later WU. This had been creeping forward from 7/7:10 to 6ish so this worked. Now she went back to the CM's on Wed and they now have a nursery drop off in the pm so they walk to the nursery and drop off at 1 then walk back so she gets a nap around 13:30 and only been sleeping for around 30/40mins so today she was home and I thought she would get a better nap as WU has been creeping earlier again which I thought was OT but she would not nap at all today. After a 6:20 WU she is still awake now refusing to go to bed.

**After lots of crying, asking me to come back for a pee, cuddle me mummy and eventually me lying on the floor next to her holding her hand she fell asleep at 7:40  ::)  I just know that will be an EW tomorrow. If it is what do I do about naps and BT?

Naps the last week have gone from quietly going to sleep to moaning for 10mins before falling asleep then today and BT I have needed to resettle a few times straight after BT as she has been crying for me so that has been taking about 30mins.

Surely she cant have gone from a 2.5 hr nap 2 weeks ago to dropping it now and how do I handle this I don't have a clue, was not expecting it at all.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 20:15:18 pm by Eva's Mummy »

My beautiful spirited little angel

My angel baby girl

Offline Eva's Mummy

• Gail
Re: Help - Think we have hit 1-0 hard!
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 21:19:01 pm »
So she slept until 7:40  ;D

I had her jumping on the bed for ages then we went out to the shops then home for her nap and after a bit of cajoling she went to sleep at 13:15 - 14:45

BT however was terrible we tried at 19:15 and she just kept shouting mummy, mummy,  mummy. I didn't go in until she started crying (DD2 has also been up and down like a yoyo at BT so I was in with her a lot). Anyway I ended up lying on the floor next to the bed holding her hand again then when I got up she called back for me to hold her hand again. I told her mummy was going to bed night night and she went to sleep. Must have been around 19:55

Not sure what I should be doing with either naps or BT at the moment.

My angel baby girl

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Showing Appreciation 75
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 08:41:43 am »
Hugs hun my DS started refusing naps in bed around that age and now only has a nap in the car/buggy if were out or will sometimes rest and nod off on the sofa if we are at home. I totally didn't expect it we went from 1.5 capped nap to refusal but then wanting a nap at 4pm which I didn't want as would be up till 10pm.

12 hour night is great though for us with 1-0 nights have got much shorter. If you think it's the 1-0 have a read of this link it's great The 1-0 transition...Advice and Tips to help you through.

Could she just be feeling a bit off colour as that affects my DS say if a cold is on it's way!? Or has language exploded as we have a total chatterbox now like non stop and proper understanding of things, imagination is is through the roof and the last 3 months have been weird sleep and behaviour all I'm sure related to brain activity. xx
Zoe

Offline Eva's Mummy

• Gail
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2015, 11:53:14 am »
She had a language explosion at 2 and I would say another 1 now and her understanding in so much better. Usually she tells me she is going to the CM but today she said she is going to see Barbara (CM) to play with Millie and Quinn then she will come back to see me and her wee sister then daddy will come home and take her to Auntie Ellen's  ;D

She is such a chatterbox now. We managed to get another nap yesterday. It is so hard when I hear her shouting on me but I didn't go in as she was just shouting and not crying and she nodded off within 10mins.

BT is horrible though, don't know if I'm creating a rod for my own back as we do everything the same then she shouts on me to come back and lie down next to her and rub her back (as that's what I did the last time). So I let her shout but eventually that escalates into crying so I do go in and lie down on the floor for a little while holding her hand then I tell her mummy needs to go to bed too and I get up and leave. Sometimes this works sometimes only for 5 mins then she is crying again. Unfortunately DD2 is terrible and going to bed as well at the moment so I'm literally going from 1 room to the next. Its driving me potty.

Do you think I should just ride it out or try a new tactic?

My angel baby girl

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2015, 13:28:06 pm »
Ha ha thats so funny, they are cute little beings.

We are having lots of calling back for reassurance at BT, could you perhaps try saying I'll be back in 2 mins to check on you, or maybe say you will sit outside the door for a few mins so she can keep checking you are there?
Not sure thats possible with 2 Lo's x
Zoe

Offline Eva's Mummy

• Gail
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2015, 14:39:11 pm »
They certainly know how to play the cute card don't they.

I can try that tonight assuming DD2 goes down ok.

Today at the CM's she nodded off at 14:20 but they had to leave for the school pick up at 14:30 so only a 10mins nap. What would you do with BT. She surprisingly woke at 7:10 this morning.

My angel baby girl

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2015, 18:39:34 pm »
I'm not sure if it's too late but I'd prob try 6.30/7pm if you can....x
Zoe

Offline Eva's Mummy

• Gail
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2015, 20:43:31 pm »
Her behaviour was getting really bad by 5:20 but I tried 6:30 and OMG she cried and cried every time I left the room, when i went in it was rub my back, hold me hand. When i told her mummy needs to go to sleep too she said sleep on my floor. She was so upset tonight and eventually went to sleep at 8:20!!!!!

Thankfully DH was home and DD2 was up and down too. I don't think she can cope with no nap yet.

My angel baby girl

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2015, 21:07:23 pm »
Oh bless her and you, fingers crossed for a good night and see what WU you get! If it's any consolation BT here has been a nightmare x
Zoe

Offline Eva's Mummy

• Gail
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2015, 21:16:05 pm »
She used to do great with EBT if early enough.  But dh doesn't get home until 6 now (used to be 4; 30) and she won't entertsin going to bed without seeing him and also dd2 would still be up so I can't leave her that long especially if it goes pearshaped like tonight.

My angel baby girl

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2015, 07:57:24 am »
Maybe try it on the weekends when DH about? How was your night?x
Zoe

Offline Eva's Mummy

• Gail
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2015, 08:58:03 am »
It was good, she woke at 7:20 but she still tells me she is tired so hopefully she will nap today. She is home with me today.

My angel baby girl

Offline Eva's Mummy

• Gail
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2015, 13:02:09 pm »
This is hell. I nap today she told me she wanted her nap, so I took her up did her nap routine then as soon as I went to put her down in began. I pee in toilet, my cough mummy, rub my back, I lie on sofa, cuddle me.

I told her it was snooze time then left. DD2 woke up so I was sorting her and a I could hear DD1 shouting on me, she wasn't crying just shouting but I didn't go it and she went quiet after 10 mins and is now asleep.

I don't know what to do, I don't like leaving her shouting (even though she is not crying) but when I do engage her and go back or repeat though the door its sleepy time it seems to make her worse as she knows I am there like last night. I really don't know if I am doing the right thing or not. I would never ever leave her crying but is shouting ok to just ignore id my attention makes her worse?

My angel baby girl

Offline Eva's Mummy

• Gail
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2015, 18:34:16 pm »
It's almost that time and I'm dreading it. She even told me today she was going to cry at bedtkme! Only napped 30 mins and the bad behaviour has started.bi just don't want to be stuck up there for 2 hours again.

My angel baby girl

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2015, 19:06:45 pm »
Sorry hun got caught up at work!
We have so many excuses at bedtime too, if she is shouting ie she is mad then I would leave her but like u say if crying go back. I'd tell her that you'll be back in 5 mins and see what happens.
Keep strong hun don't let it worry you or it will rub off on her.
Would she look at a book alone in bed if you said you'd be back to check in her?x
Zoe