Author Topic: He never seems to completely konk out!  (Read 9570 times)

Offline *foxy*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 10
Re: He never seems to completely konk out!
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2015, 14:14:14 pm »
Did a 3 hour A time as he seemed fine. But he only took a 30 min nap! Wide awake again. Do I try for a little CN later?

*Kate*

Offline katie80

• Showing Appreciation 220
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2015, 17:16:46 pm »
Great he made it an hr on his own, that's progress! I've always struggled to resettle after a nap that length. As for a CN, I would probably try. As was mentioned earlier, 3 naps can often backfire at this age, but until you know for sure I think it's worth a shot. Two out of my three would've done better with a CN than without.

Offline *foxy*

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2015, 05:34:05 am »
Hi

How do I stop feeding during the night? He's waking so often and will only settle with a feed. Im so tired that I let him but I really want to stop as I go back to work in a few weeks and won't cope on this little sleep!

*Kate*

Offline *foxy*

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2015, 16:07:32 pm »
His sleep has gone really wonky. He had a 1 hour nap in the morning yesterday and then only 40 mins in the afternoon, no CN. Last night was awful! Only breastfeeding would settle him. I lost count how many times he woke up. Then he was up at 5.30am. This morning he napped 8.20-8.40. Woke up really upset and I couldn't resettle him no matter what I tried. He remained upset for another 20 mins or so once downstairs. OH got him to sleep from 11.30-12.30. He looks exhausted. This afternoon I really struggled to get him to sleep. Had to walk around playing white noise on my phone before he'd settle. He's very unsettled for his nap - just wants boob.

I'm wondering if it's teething or he's not very well?

*Kate*

Offline katie80

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2015, 17:56:34 pm »
I'm wondering if it's teething or he's not very well?
Yes, my guess would be discomfort. There's a chance it could be some regression, as you've recently started ST, but the waking constantly at night and the 20min nap sounds like discomfort to me. Have you tried meds to see if they help?

Offline *foxy*

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2015, 19:39:08 pm »
Yes, we've given him calpol. Not sure if it's helped or not really. It definitely feels like regression - our new routine isn't working but the old one is. He's hard to settle. But he's clingy and tearful when awake so Im thinking discomfort too. Nappies seem ok so I don't think it's his tummy. Do I just get through this, go back to the old routine and hope it doesn't last long?

*Kate*

Offline katie80

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2015, 00:15:17 am »
Well, if it's regression from the ST, you want to stay as consistent as possible. If it's discomfort, then you want to do what works best within reason. We were thinking that some of your issues were down to routine, so going back to the old one may not really solve things. :-\ But, you don't really want him miserable either, so yes you might just need to do what you can routine-wise, still trying to settle him on his own as gently as possible and crossing your fingers it passes reasonably quick. (((Hugs))), I know it's frustrating. :(

Offline Edesanja

• Showing Appreciation 39
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2015, 05:09:19 am »
Hi Kate, just a thought... he doesn't have any signs of sleep apnoea??
Jenny - mama to

Offline *foxy*

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2015, 12:42:05 pm »
Hi

He's poorly :( horrible cough that has made him vomit this morning and lots of snot. No temp though :)
He's miserable and looks exhausted. He's only managed a 2 hour A time between 1st and 2nd nap. Guess we just ride this one out until he's better.

Jenny - I co sleep with him and haven't noticed any signs of sleep apnoea. What are the obvious ones just to clarify?

*Kate*

Offline katie80

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2015, 13:28:23 pm »
Guess we just ride this one out until he's better.
Yes, that's the best course. Lots of snuggles and as much sleep as he needs. (((Hugs))), hope he's better quick.

Offline Edesanja

• Showing Appreciation 39
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2015, 01:25:00 am »
Was just a thought as I have had the same thought about ds2. We have noticed that when he is snotty he doesnt get into a deep sleep properly as hdstops breathing then jolts awake with a snort. for him though he seems to get less air in than normal (squashed nose cos of clefts) so think it is just extra hard when he's snotty.
Jenny - mama to

Offline *foxy*

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2015, 05:37:09 am »
Hi

So I think the worst of the cold is over but his sleep is awful!! He's been up at 5.15am for the last 3 mornings and is getting more difficult to resettle at night. I'm struggling. Im so so tired.

I'm sticking to the 3 hour ish A time depending on what he can manage. He's been doing 1hr 15min naps but one morning did 2.5 hours! Do I let him sleep that long? Also what time should BT be if he's up at 5.15 ???

Im also trying to get him to suck his thumb to settle. I'm back to work in a month so I really need to sort this out. I can't work on this little sleep!

*Kate*

Offline ZacsMumme

• Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2015, 09:39:19 am »
Hey Hun,
I also wondered sleep apnea reading your thread. Otherwise such frequent NW IME were always pain, always. I know he's DF but could there be something lease causing tummy digestive discomfort. Even at 2 with T he seems fine if he has some dairy for a day or two then bam...terrible terrible frequent NW night. Even though he's ok during the day.

Gluten or wheat, soy and fructose are all possible intolerances really (among others). :-\ any reflux symptoms back? I can't remember is he on any meds ATM?
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline *foxy*

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2015, 10:05:44 am »
Hi Sara

I was wondering what could be bothering him. He was up for 2 hours last night - well, would wake up every 5-10 mins. He's not on any reflux meds atm. We've tried neocate but he won't take it - tried adding flavourings etc. but he just refuses. He's really gone off food since being poorly, won't have more than a mouthful or two. Could it be something through me maybe? His poos seem ok. We're seeing the paed on Tuesday. I wish Finn could tell me what was bothering him!!

*Kate*

Offline *foxy*

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2015, 21:56:39 pm »
Poos not ok :( mucous and awful smelling this afternoon. I don't know what's caused it ???

*Kate*