Author Topic: Naps are on schedule but eating is all over the place  (Read 870 times)

Offline DorothyGale

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Naps are on schedule but eating is all over the place
« on: January 13, 2015, 20:43:01 pm »
I'm having a hard time syncing up bottles with waking up. My boys are 4 months old and are still waking up for two feeds at night. Last night it was 11 pm and 4:30 am, they had a 6 ounce bottle (full feeding) each time.

They wake up at 7 am and aren't hungry, and I get into a cycle of trying to get them to take a bottle and them only wanting a couple of ounces... or feeding right before a nap instead of right after. I'm ending up with babies who are exhausted, but won't go to sleep because they are hungry - but also won't take a whole feed because they are falling asleep. It throws off our whole day.

Is there a way to fix this?

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: Naps are on schedule but eating is all over the place
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 20:23:39 pm »
Offer less at the second night feed?  Then a top-up on waking? 

Offline DorothyGale

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 00:26:51 am »
Of course, today they are taking 6 ounce bottles at every feed, and napping right on schedule. (Happy Dance!) Just keeping me on my toes I guess.

I did wait until 8 am to feed them today - or rather, I did offer the bottle at 7:30 but they were halfhearted about it, so rather than force them to take a tiny feed, I just put the bottle away and tried again in 30 minutes.

So, we still aren't doing feeds right when they wake up, they were all about an hour after waking. Which is ok but makes it hard to leave the house. I still haven't figured out an efficient way to deal with warming bottles when we're out in public.

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 09:34:46 am »
Might be worth a post on the bottle feeding board - I'm afraid I EBF my two so no experience with bottles x

Offline Ma.of.Bo

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Bơ today ♡♥♡♥
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2015, 13:27:42 pm »
I think if I on the picnic w BBQ I would bring...a small pot to... boil water. Haha. Jk
I put hot water in the restroom in a ceramic cup then put the bottle in.
or
keep hot water in jug/jar/bottle...(soori I dunt know what its called in English but that jug/jar/bottle has a silver layer which can keep the temperature. A very common item in supermarkets, markets, op shops.....)
Má yêu con - Bơ ngoan ♡♥♡♥♡♥