Author Topic: Help me figure him out and work around school runs  (Read 1390 times)

Offline CCCmom27

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 27
Help me figure him out and work around school runs
« on: January 14, 2015, 16:25:10 pm »
I realized yesterday that at this point I only have one nap I can try to extend bc of school runs. This was yesterday and he woke extra early

520 awake
750 asleep in moby (I'm doing lunches & breakfast)
815 woke up hung out in moby
830 left for school
845 back to sleep
915 home/awake/nurse
1115 asleep
1155 awake resettled
1230 awake/nurse
240 leave for school drove around so he'd go to sleep
250 asleep
320 awake/nurse
520 start BT routine attempt to nurse to sleep
Then it just went crazy and he would not go to sleep. He's always been difficult to get to 'bed' but we would at least have a 3 hour or so stretch. We do cosleep and honestly I'm not ready to tackle that since he is most likely my last baby. We do sometimes do another cat nap before bed but I thought since he was up so early I didn't want too long of a day. He seems to need at least 2 hours A time even with short naps. Oh and this is this morning when he didn't wake early.
6 awake
830 left for school asleep
905 awake/nurse

Any ideas?

Offline CCCmom27

Re: Help me figure him out and work around school runs
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 19:54:53 pm »
Anyone?  I realized last night that maybe he takes forever to settle at night because he's being overstimulated watching the big boys.  I've recently started having DH take all 3 into the playroom after dinner.  We're not going to do that for a few nights and see if it helps.  I've also been going more by the clock today rather than trying to watch him for sleepy ques.  I've decided he doesn't normally have any and will happily stay up even when OT.  Would love some input though!!

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2015, 10:11:49 am »
Sorry you've had no replies yet :(

Is your ticker right that he's 4 months?

So your school runs are 8.30-9.15ish and then in the afternoon??

What time are you aiming for bed?  If you start your BT routine at 5.20pm I'm guessing 6pm?  In which case 5.20am isn't really an EW.  But I guess that may have been an off day?  What time would WU/BT be ideally?  I'm thinking a 7/7.30am WU would be best really so you could get the first nap after the school run....if he falls asleep on the way will he stay asleep for a decent nap or can you transfer to bed?

Sorry so many questions, just trying to get an idea of what's practical/feasible for you before I try to help with a routine :)

Offline CCCmom27

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2015, 11:46:22 am »
Yes he's 4 months. School is actually really close so we can be home by 845 but he's been falling asleep right away so I've been doing errands to keep him asleep longer. I bring him in the house in the car seat and he'll stay asleep a few minutes but generally it's a 30 min nap. We're still co sleeping so he wakes when I get up normally which needs the be by 630 at the latest.

He has a cold now and was miserable yesterday so I held him for a nap yesterday afternoon and he slept almost 2 hours. Then last night he was awake for about 1.5 hours not wanting to go to sleep and didn't seem to be feeling bad. I've been wondering if he's LSN for awhile?

Thanks for your help!

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2015, 13:27:34 pm »
Sorry for the delay in replying.

So I guess with a 6.30 WU You may be best aiming for a short catnap on the school run in the morning, a long lunchtime sleep and then a catnap in the late afternoon to see you through to bedtime.  What do you think?  I'm thinking maybe something like

WU 6.30
Nap 8.30-9.15
Nap 11.15-2ish
Nap sometime between 4&5
BT 6/6.30pm

Thoughts?

Offline CCCmom27

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2015, 16:56:02 pm »
No problem he actually took a long nap Tuesday at lunchtime! I woke him after 2 hours because we had to pick up our dogs before we got C from school. Then yesterday when we didn't have anywhere to go he slept 20 mins :P ::). So would an almost 3 hour nap not mess with night sleep?  When he's had a 2 hour nap late in the day we get NW that seem UT so an almost 3 hour nap scares me!  I can give it a go...if we get UT NWs right away should I continue for a few days anyway?

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2015, 19:11:57 pm »
I'd try anything for a few days before re-evaluating.  I know Tracy wasn't keen on 3h naps but plenty of babies will do them and it not rob night sleep provided plenty of awake time otherwise :)