Author Topic: 8mnth old 2nd child bf waking every 2 hours.. Help!  (Read 802 times)

Offline Kneesandtoes

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
8mnth old 2nd child bf waking every 2 hours.. Help!
« on: January 24, 2015, 16:47:08 pm »
Hi I'm at a total loss now. My second child is 8 months old.  goes to sleep on her own I mean she is able to get herself to sleep I dont  feed her to sleep. . She has 3 meals a day and she still breast feeds. I've got her into her sisters room so she's not Co sleeping anymore.
She wakes about Seven times a night. It's driving me crazy as I'm looking after a 2 year old as well and I'm totally exhausted. I dint think she is cold.
Any tips? What can I try?
I did sleep training with my first child which worked a dream at ten months but I just don't know what to do with my second as she will go to sleep unaided.

I'm totally at a loss as to what to do. Any thoughts or helped be gratefully appreciated.

Offline weaver

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 210
  • May your choices reflect your hopes not your fears
Re: 8mnth old 2nd child bf waking every 2 hours.. Help!
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 19:38:14 pm »
Hi there and welcome to BW :)

It is exhausting having a baby and a 2 yo, hopefully we can help you out here.

Would you mind posting your day so we can have an idea of her daytime sleep?  And can you tell us what you do when she wakes at night?  If the wakings are at all regular, can you also tell us that (ie are they always around 10, 2, etc etc). 

Does she have any history of digestive issues? Reflux? And, finally, has this been going on for long? 

My first thoughts for such frequent wakings are either cold (as you say), another discomfort, or overtiredness.

So, tell us more, and we'll try to help :)
*Anne*, loving mama to a honeybee (2010) and a sweetpea (2012).  BF for 4 proud years.