Author Topic: 17 month old EW bad habits and new room  (Read 1101 times)

Offline LizPNI

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 17, 2015, 21:16:17 pm »
My son is 17 months. He has been on 1 nap for a few months now.
His routine is

5-6:30am wake up and milk
8 breakfast
12 lunch
1 nap (2-3 hours) milk after wake up
7 dinner
7:45 start bed time routine
8-8:30 asleep

If tried changing his bed times to earlier and later and his nap times shorter but his morning wake up is still unpredictable between 5 and 6:30. My dream would be for him to wakeup and 6:30 or later. He is still sleeping in our room and usually around 5isj he wakes up and wants to come in our bed. Sometimes he goes back to sleep sometimes he doesn't. We decided it was time to put him in his own room. No problem going to sleep at nap time and bed time, but now wakes at 5am screaming until I go get him. He likes to play in his crib during the day for short periods. I would love if he did then when he woke up until,everyone else gets up and 630. Any suggestions on how to teach him to hang in his room till we get him.  He uses a pacifier and sleeps In a pack in play.

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
Re: 17 month old EW bad habits and new room
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 20:36:38 pm »
Hi there, sorry your post was missed! My DD3 was similar in wanting to be up right away but one morning while I was getting dressed for work I flipped on her light (just quickly stuck my hand in, she didnt see me!) and she puttered in her crib for a few min(has some soft books and stuffies). Slowly she has increased her morning playtime...one day it was so long I finally went in and got her!
Heidi

Offline ewabear

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Re: 17 month old EW bad habits and new room
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2015, 13:45:56 pm »
Hi, Had the same problem until I made sure she knows that we do not wake up or pick up when is dark. So set yourself time that is suitable for you to get up. Let's say 6. If he wakes up at 5, just go into his room and do WI/WO or pick him up but do not leave the room until 6, and make big fuss out of it, put light on, take black out blind down. Soon he will get the message. I woul also cut his nap to 2 h,
So:
WU 6
S.    12
BT  7:30

I think once you can establish consistent WU times it will be easier.