Author Topic: 30 min naps?!  (Read 1402 times)

Offline Chloevalentine

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« on: January 23, 2015, 18:22:24 pm »
Today my 19 month old went in for his nap a few minutes early around 1220 and he woke after 30 mins?! He does nap and bedtimes at same time every day so this is not normal for him. And he usually nap for about 1.5 hrs 1230-2. At night it is taking him a little longer to fall asleep and he's waking a little later because of it im assuming. But before when I've tried to change nsp time or bedtime according to when he woke in morning it always backfired. He seems to do better with set nap and bed even if it means shorter nap or earlier morning wake. Not sure if he needs some tweaking though. This morning we went to a little gym class and he was so tired at lunch I thought for sure he would take a good nap. 30 mins?!! I can't even remember the last time he did that!

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Showing Appreciation 249
Re: 30 min naps?!
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 20:33:31 pm »
Might have been down to over stimulation from gym class! I wouldn't try to tweak unless you see a pattern emrge after a few days. Kids have one offs like this a lot, or at least mine did - usually no rhyme or reason to it :)
Heidi

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 20:17:11 pm »
It seems on days where I take him out to little gym to play and I think he'll be exhausted  for a good nap...he takes an hour! And then some days he randomly takes a 2 hr. It's all over the place. And he's also throwing tantrums these days too!! Help

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 03:09:21 am »
Sounds like he might be a bit of a spirited toddler...tantrums can be par for the course at this age as they are developing new skills and want to be independent yet lack some of the physical capabilities to accomplish things. Speech can also be a frustration point whe they cannot get their point across. My DD3 throws tantrums all the time, we try to anticipate the causes and eliminate where possible to set her up for success. Are the nights good regardless of nap length?
Heidi

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 11:58:39 am »
Yes it's definetly out of frustration ! He's also been talking a lot and practicing new words. His night sleep is pretty regular about 11.5 hrs sometimes he does wake early but it's random. It just seems when I try to let him have play time in a setting outside the house which he loves he gets over stimulated and doesn't nap well. He's so active all day and full of energy ! I'm trying more activities like play dough and coloring and books but he's not that interested he rather just be free to roam and climb and play. Maybe it's a boy thing lol

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2015, 13:01:25 pm »
No, it isn't a boy thing...mine were/are all like that. More of a spirited thing ;). Have you done the quiz to know where he falls temperment wise? Sorry on my phone and cannot link to it right now! I suppose getting out to different things is probably worth a short nap so long as he has other days to catch up!
Heidi

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2015, 14:46:41 pm »
I've tried the quiz a while ago but I was still unsure. The last few days all he does it get frustrated and he cries a lot. I'm not sure what's going on or how to help him.

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2015, 03:14:41 am »
Half birthdays are notorious for sleep regressions, growth spurts and developmental leaps, all of which can lead to frustrations. Plus language leaps added in and possibly teething! Where did the quiz place him?
Heidi

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2015, 12:17:59 pm »
I answered mostly A's and B's.

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2015, 12:59:09 pm »
That's angel/textbook is it not?