Author Topic: EMW and napping too early on the school run... what would you do?  (Read 1229 times)

Offline Alexhas1

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Hi i posted a few days ago about my LO (12 months) waking at 4.50am. The past 4 days it's been 4am as he's been wet through (any suggestions on what to do about that are welcome. Bigger nappies? Double nappies?). My eldest has just started nursery this week so we are in the car at 8am, (next week it will be 7.30am) and I can't keep my LO awake to stretch his first A time to try and combat the EMW. He falls asleep on the way there in the car. Would you wake him as soon as you can, or leave him to sleep and how long for max? Then what time should his second nap be? Around 1/1.30pm if we have a 6pm bath and 6.30-6.45pm bed time?

Rough routine:

Wake 4am/4.50am
Bottle 5/5.30am
Breakfast 6/6.30am
First nap tending to be around 8am for an hour but not sure if I should let him sleep this long, shorter or longer?
Lunch 11.30/12
Second nap 1.30ish
Dinner 4.30pm
Bath 6pm
Bed 6.45pm

TIA

Offline lauradj

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 61
Re: EMW and napping too early on the school run... what would you do?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 18:27:48 pm »
We went up a size in bed time diapers and it made a HUGE difference.  It's still soaked in the morning but DS is dry.  Is that the only reason he's waking?  If that's it, you'll be set!

Offline Alexhas1

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 07:47:29 am »
He's been an EMW for ages, before the wet nappies started. Any other thoughts on how his routine should go if he falls asleep in the car on way to nursery? Thanks

Offline lauradj

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 61
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 02:37:54 am »
I found that my DS would often sneak in a catnap on the way home from a morning activity.  Initially it stressed me out but I never let him nap for longer than 10 minutes so it wasn't too devastating.  I just made sure to keep him really busy the rest of the morning so that he would be tired at nap time.  Could you try an earlier nap?  DS naps from 12:30-2:30ish because it meshes best with his day care nap timing, I made that a conscious choice.  Dinner is at 4:45, bath at 6:15, in bed by 6:45.
When he wakes, is he crying or just lying in his crib chatting?  Could you walk to the nursery?  That might provide enough stimulation to keep your DS awake.