Author Topic: Could someone look at our routine?  (Read 1161 times)

Offline Ayesha19

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Could someone look at our routine?
« on: January 22, 2015, 08:05:14 am »
Hi,
My dd2 is nearing the end of 6 months, she is waking every night at different times that can last 1.5-2 hours

I have just weaned her NF by reducing the amount then offering water which is fine but she is still waking every night? She's never been a great sleeper.
Her two bottom teeth are through no sign of any more.

Her routine is like this, A time is 2.5 hrs

Wake & E 7am (7oz)
E 8am (solids)
S 9.30 (45mins to 1 hour)
E 11am (7oz)
E 12pm (solids)
S 1pm (1.5/2hrs)
E 3pm (7oz)
E 5pm (solids dinner)
E 6.30 (7oz)
S 7pm

DF 10pm (4oz)

If she has two bad 45min naps I will give her a catnap to get her to bedtime. She has always been a short napper which might be affecting her nights? Hope that makes sense?

If anyone has advice..thank you x

Offline lauradj

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 61
Re: Could someone look at our routine?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 18:16:16 pm »
Is there a particular reason you're weaning the DF? Did she start to refuse it or take less?  I'm just wondering if maybe she's still hungry if she's waking that often? Admittedly I cut the DF at 7 months as well but DS had been STTN for 5 months by then, so I was pretty confident he'd be ok.
I think you could also consider extending her A time.  All those WU make me think she simply may not be tired.  At almost 7 months, she can likely be pushed to stay awake for closer to 3-3.25 hrs.  You know your baby best but just a suggestion.
Average A times- BOOKMARK ME!!

Offline Ayesha19

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 19:02:22 pm »
Hi and thanks for your reply.

I will try and extend her awake time over the next fee days, I do think she could handle more.

I havent tried to wean the dream feed she is only taking 4oz each night. I wanted to wean the night feed as she was never drinking her first morning bottle?

Do you think she should still need a night feed at this age? I'm worried if I go back to it it becomes habit. If I do feed her at night even as little as 2oz she goes back to sleep much easier..comfort?

X

Offline lauradj

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 20:26:53 pm »
Oooohh, ok. Now I get it.  If all she's taking is 4oz then that's fine, she's taking what she wants.  Does she require a night feed every time she has a NW or is it a last resort for you?  I'm willing to bet that once the A time gets sorted out, she'll be sleeping for much longer stretches, if not STTN.  If she hasn't required a night feed until these NW's, she probably doesn't need any.  You could always try giving her water but I think for now, just focus on extending the A time and see if that makes a difference. 

Offline Ayesha19

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2015, 21:08:08 pm »
A night feed is a last resort definitely! I try everything else first
She was doing really well and not needing a night feed for a few weeks so I think she can go through.

I will extend her A time and fingers crossed that does it.

Thanks for your help I'll let you know how I  get on x

Offline lauradj

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2015, 02:37:37 am »
You are very welcome!  I look forward to your update  :D

Offline Ayesha19

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2015, 07:06:05 am »
Hi lauradj,

Here's an update, I have increased her A time to around 3hrs15 give or take which she's ok with. Her naps are short when she's in her bed (around 45mins) if we are out she can sleep for 1.5/2hrs.

Night time has got better  :) she started waking at 2am so for the last 2 nights I have done wake to sleep which has worked and she hasn't woken in the night!
The only thing now is she's waking at 5am?? Where she used to be 7/7.30.

I don't feed her till 7am and she seems fine with that so don't think she's waking at 5 from hunger

Any ideas xx