Author Topic: 12 month and morning awakening: confused  (Read 1418 times)

Offline LittleMiwi

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
12 month and morning awakening: confused
« on: January 23, 2015, 11:35:46 am »
Hi all!
I fell so bad because Marta is a very good girl but it has been a couple of weeks that she has started to wake up at 6.00 o'clock and after 1 hour that I try to put her to sleep again sometimes I get nervous and I feel not a very good mom :(
Anyway the story is that Marta (12 months) falls asleep alone. She used to wake up at 7.30 8.00 in the morning. For the Christmas holiday, since we needed to sleep more in the morning, I made a big mistake: when she waked up in the morning, I breast feed her and then we slept together even a couple of hour. At a certain point, maybe even for the teething, she've started to wake up at 5.45/6.00 in the morning. She wakes up, sometimes she stays a little in silence in her bed then cries sometimes she cries immediately. She is tired, she wants to sleep again, she yawns and she rubs her eyes and tries to fall asleep again, but maybe she not enough tired. Often she tries to sleep 3-4 times untile she gets nervous and then there's no way to sleep again.
I don't know how to behave: I've tried a little with the PU/PD and with the WI/WO but I'm not sure that's the right thing to do. If she wakes so early then she needs a nap in the morning (before Christmas no more nap in the morning).
Should I try to wakes her up a little before 6.00 and try to let her loose the habit or should I give her breakfast at 6.00?
Can you suggest me something?

Offline Shiv52

• The Diplomat
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 585
Re: 12 month and morning awakening: confused
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 12:34:22 pm »
How is her day sleep?  What does her day look like?

Offline LittleMiwi

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 12:48:19 pm »
Sorry, I've forgotten the daily routine!
breakfast 7.00
lunch 12.30
nap 14.00 (about 1 and 30)
snack 16.30/17.0
dinner 19.30
sleep 21.00

she sleeps a little if she wakes at 6.00 (about 30 minutes)

Offline Shiv52

• The Diplomat
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 22:00:47 pm »
She really isn't having a lot of day sleep for such a long day. Mine both did at least a 2 hour nap on a 12.5 hour day at that age. You say she's not having a morning nap anymore?  Did these wakings coincide with her cut in day sleep? 

I'd say if you do bed at 9pm then I'd treat 6am as a NW as it's only 9 hours night sleep. What about wake to sleep if she is normally waking at 6am?

Offline LittleMiwi

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 23:02:48 pm »
No, on the contrary first she stopped having the morning nap because she used to wake up at 8.30 am or later. Now she needs to sleep 30-40 minuts in the morning because (and I also think) that is a NW. So I could slighlty wake her up at 5.45 am? How can I do that? Caress her? Help jer to change position? And what if she cries? Should I WI/WA?
Thanks

Offline Shiv52

• The Diplomat
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2015, 10:38:05 am »
The aim with wake to sleep is it just rouse them enough to slightly slightly waken them but not fully waken them to and it then alters the sleep cycle and she shouldn't wake at 6 as usual.

Any teeth coming?  Could she be hungry?

Offline LittleMiwi

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2015, 07:40:54 am »
Yesterday morning she waked at 6.30. After 30 minutes I gave her breakfast and try to put her in bed again. She slept until 9.15.  :o
Great, I thought.
Today she waked at 7.00  ??? when I've entered in her bedroom, as soon as she saw me, she curled up to sleep. I've given her breakfast anyway, thinking that she waked to eat. After milk, she've curled up. She stayed in her bed for 15 minutes in silence and I've thought she've fallen asleep but than she started crying. She did'nt want to be picked up, but cryed when in bed. She rubbed her eyes. I really think that she's still tired when she wakes up but how to help her to sleep again?
What if she wakes at 6? or 6.30 or 7 like today? I can slighly wake her up a little earlier but what if she wants to sleep at 7? What can I do to help her feeling relaxed in her bed?
 :'(

Offline Shiv52

• The Diplomat
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2015, 17:06:10 pm »
Awh wee pet is obviously still tired. Can you just rub her back and ssh pat and help her get back to sleep?

Offline LittleMiwi

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2015, 15:59:43 pm »
Hi again,
sorry I didn't write for a while for different problems (and a long flue!)
The problem persists. After a few days when Marta waked up at 7-7.15 now she continues to wake up early and she's so tired! Sometimes she does not stand up, she just cries sit in her bed. I try to put her down and WI/WO and sometimes it works. If yes she sleeps only for 20-25 minutes and than cries again, if not she just cries. If I pick her up she falls asleep on my shoulder. And also if I but her in my bed.
I've tried to give her the milk just when she wakes up but even if she wants to eat as soon as she opens her eyes (I think it's a bad habit I've "transmit" her) that it's not the problem.
By looking at her I really think that when she wakes up in the morning she has not calm to sleep again.
I can I teach her? How can I make her sleep until 7 or more? Should I WI/WO until the time to wake up? And let her cry for 1 hour or more?
I'm really confused  :(

Offline Shiv52

• The Diplomat
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2015, 23:40:15 pm »
Is she getting any teeth?

Is her day still the same? 

Offline LittleMiwi

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2015, 20:38:43 pm »
Maybe I can help someone :)
after a few days the problems passed away!