Author Topic: early morning wakings....8,5 months old  (Read 9303 times)

Offline angelinagr

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: early morning wakings....8,5 months old
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2015, 13:59:12 pm »
As you understand my  language is not English... Thank you for the information. I have never again come across with the egg yolk....

I would try to give her milk after the lunch in order to get to bed more easily.  She usually eats 250ml solid, so I don't know if she drinks it.
I will let you know.

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 48
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2015, 14:06:02 pm »
Don't worry Honey, my native language is Polish not English so we are in the same boat:). And you English is very good!

Waiting for the news how it went!
~Marta

Offline katie80

• Showing Appreciation 220
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2015, 20:40:03 pm »
And you English is very good!
Yes, very good! :)

I like Marta's feeding plan and while it's great that she takes many and varied solids, I think until she's at the 10-12mo range, I'd still try to keep her within the milk requirements first.  Formula is nutrient dense and the type of calories she needs first, while the solids are something to continue transitioning to. 

Offline angelinagr

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2015, 12:13:05 pm »
It is quite difficult to make her to have more meals into the day. The only progress we have made is to drink 30-50ml after lunch. I have stopped the DF and she wakes up at 6.30-7.00am to drink a bottle, but not always all the bottle.
She continues to wake up in the night and she stays up for 2 hours. Although, she has stuffy nose.
Before I put her in bed for the night sleep, I give her a bottle (280ml). She falls asleep while she is drinking it. When I put her in her bed (I hold her in my arms when she is drinking milk), she wakes up and we start from the beginning p.u./p.d..... After an hour I put her in my bed and she finally sleeps....

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2015, 12:45:43 pm »
Have you ever sleep trained her? It seems like a prop problem rather than a routine/hunger issue.
~Marta

Offline angelinagr

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2015, 06:05:25 am »
I think that you are right. I start to believe that it is a prop problem.
During the day I hold in my arms in order to sleep. When she falls asleep, I put her in her bed.
Before stopping the DF, I put her in the bed and after a while she falls asleep. I was not in her room. But when she cries, I hold her in my arms and I resettle her. It took us about 20 minutes to get sleep. But only in the night sleep I managed to do it. She never sleeps in the stroller or in the car.
What else should I do?
Thank you so much for the replies

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2015, 10:12:08 am »
Hi Hon, if she goes to sleep on a bottle or if you hold her to sleep at that age, it definitely can generate a prop.
I would advise you to open a new thread on Props board so you could find some more advice. I am happy to hop there with you if you want.
However with a new thread/new title you may also collect some great advice from our usual posters who will let you know how they beat the prop issue at that age. Would that be fine for you?

I must say that I have sleep trained mine when he was around 4mo, so I have no BTDT advice....:(.
~Marta

Offline katie80

« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2015, 19:22:21 pm »
I'm happy to help here if you'd like... I seem to have done PUPD with all of mine at various ages. :P

I do think getting her to sleep on her own would be quite helpful at this age. You've got a good routine going, so you know when she's ready to go down. There's really not a lot of gradually putting down more and more awake at this point, you kind of just need to go for it. Here's a link on the age modifications for PUPD... How to PU/PD (inc age adaptations)  Is she pulling up to standing yet?

Offline angelinagr

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2015, 05:50:14 am »
When she opens her eyes,  she immediately tries to stand up. Every time I go into her room, because she is crying during the night, I find her standing up. Also during the day the only time she is sitting is the time for the meals.
Thanks for the link. Yesterday I was looking in the book what to do. Now I know!!!! :) :) :) :) :)
I suppose that after a week or so we will manage it?
I will let you know how it goes.

Thank you for the information all that time. In my country the CIO methods are quite popular and I didn't know what to do.....

« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 05:54:28 am by angelinagr »

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2015, 06:21:56 am »
She knows how to sit down?
~Marta

Offline angelinagr

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2015, 08:24:32 am »
Of course she knows...Every time she falls down, the exact time she stands up.
Before she learns how to stand up, she was sitting

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2015, 11:26:04 am »
:) I am not asking if she is sitting but if she is able to sit down from standing position. Sometimes kiddos can pull up to standing but they don't know how to sit and lie down afterwards so need mummy to do it even in the middle of the night. So if she can sit down from standing that means she will be able to sleep after being in standing position.
~Marta

Offline angelinagr

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2015, 10:02:12 am »
Every new she learns, she wants to do it all the time. When she learned to seat, she didn't want to lay down....

Offline katie80

« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2015, 00:22:25 am »
I suppose that after a week or so we will manage it?
Yes, about a week or two.

Pulling up to stand is one of my least favorite milestones because some LOs just want to keep doing it all the time. :P PD will help her learn she needs to lie down and go to sleep. If she doesn't know how to get herself down, like Marta is talking about, then you can teach her how during the day by putting her in the cot and sliding her hands down the bars. If she's not doing it already, she'll likely learn quickly.

Good luck... do keep us posted and ask any other questions you have. :)

Offline angelinagr

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2015, 06:51:42 am »
Yesterday I decided to start PD aw I am not going to work. Last night was terrible. She waked up at 3am, she was standing up and she didn't seem to want to go back to sleep. After 50 minutes of crying, she continued crying being laying down...I continued PU/PD as she was younger, but she didn't stop. She was very frustrated. I have never seen her so infuriated. Finally she fell asleep, during PU/PD in my hands. It took 1,5 hour to fall asleep. I am not sure that I am doing the right thing. Especially when she stopped standing up and she continued crying being laying down. She didn't let me place her back down so she was looking away from me and not at my face.
Also tonight I will try to wake up her at 2am, as I have noticed that she wakes up every night round 3 o'clock.