SLEEP > Sleeping For Toddlers

18 month sleep regression support thread-part 3

(1/20) > >>

Shiv52:
Continued from here:

18 month sleep regression support thread - Part 2

Continue to chat and support one another here by continuing chatting rather than mark-ing your spot. 

MarciaMSPT:
Yes, definitely console her.  She needs this.  My little guy (now almost 20 months) was a champion sleeper too until about 2 months ago - things are calming down, canines have sprouted and now maybe molars are knocking but all in all things are getting better (and we're in California for 1.5 weeks - on a 3 hour time change taboot!)  My little guy sometimes wakes up in the night and resettles but at times, has that desperate cry - I usually wait a few minutes to see if the regular cry wanes - but I don't waste any time getting to him with his frantic cry.  He usually gets back to sleep very easily.  He's been waking a bit with the painful cry too - so am just having to figure what cry needs what.  We're going on 2 months with the 18 month sleep regression but it is getting better and just today I put him down fully awake for his nap with not a peep.  And he slept through the night last night.  This California sun is to thank I'm sure!  :) 

MarciaMSPT:
UPDATE - this does pass mama's!  We are back from California and my little guy who is 20 months now adjusted to the 3 hour time change in 1 day!  Amazing, but the best part... he now goes down for a nap when I tell him (OK, W, in 10 minutes it's sleepy time etc)  I set a timer and when it buzzes, he knows it's time.  I sing two songs with him, pray with him, tell him I Love him and that I'll be here when he wakes up and then I put him down... ready for the best part???  Then he's been saying, "Bye-bye mama."  Night time is just as good (so far) but I don't get any farewells. 

So, hang in there moms - our regression lasted on a semi-rough scale with canines coming in (all in now and working on two year molars now) for about 2 months... seemed I could bear two months but then it seems to be over (till the next one!)

Hugs to you and encouragement too!

KookyK:
Glad to hear this Marcia my 18.5m old us waking so early and up at the crack of dawn and it's breaking me!!

LittleMiwi:
Hi all? I've just discovered the 18 months sleep regression! What a fun  :o
Marta always slept well. Now she skips nap, cries at night, wakes up too early, canines are arriving.
Try the WI/WO but she is desperate, she sobs, weeps. The only thing that works is to stay in the room near the bed. DO you think that that could became an habit or that if I stay with her during the phase in a couple of weeks it will pass?
What about the morning? When she wakes up she want s to come in our bed: Hoe can I deal with it?
Also. Hoe can you survive with only 5 hours sleeping??  ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version