Author Topic: 14 Week Old Son Doing 3 Hour Easy Around the Clock  (Read 2286 times)

Offline sweetened.daisy

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: 14 Week Old Son Doing 3 Hour Easy Around the Clock
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2015, 19:08:41 pm »
Thanks for the support jessmum46. We've been keeping with the 2 hour awake times as much as we're able. Sometimes he's really tired at an hour and 45 min and sometimes we can push it more to 2 hours and 15... just seems to depend on the day.

So- how I've been handling all of his night wakings has been to feed him. If it's been less than 3 hours, I try patting him back down, but if it's over 3 that just seems to really tick him off. It's hard to know if he's actually hungry or not though. :( He will start off eating well, but then almost taper off because he's just exhausted. I try keeping him awake from letting my hair fall on his face, to rubbing his cheek, and switching sides often. We're usually up for 20-30 min before I just lay him back down and go back to bed too.

MJ&N - So he's doing about a 3.5-4 hour routine throughout the day now pretty consistently and the naps are lasting anywhere from 1.5-2 hours. When you dropped that afternoon feed, did you just have him wake up but not feed him so he went from Sleep to Activity back to Sleep?

Offline sweetened.daisy

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2015, 19:11:22 pm »
Side note: He is now sleeping in sister's room and she's doing amazing with the transition...

Here's his schedule the last few nights... thoughts?

Bedtime at 7/7:20

Wake at 10p - E
Wake at 1a - E
Wake at 4a - E
Wake at 7a - E and start our day

Last night he was an hour off of this but was awake and giggling from 2:30a-4:30a and then up again at 5a. I fed him at 2:30 but he woke up and wouldn't let me pat him back down. He was just wanting to chat up a storm. It was exhausting but adorable. I tried not to engage.

Offline michaeljacknnugg

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 214
  • New life
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2015, 08:48:40 am »
When you dropped that afternoon feed, did you just have him wake up but not feed him so he went from Sleep to Activity back to Sleep?
He was on 2 naps by the time we dropped a feed, I think. He's very low sleep needs and his A times were way higher than average. I can't remember his exact routine as it was over 6 years ago now!
My 'little man' - kind-hearted Spirited whirlwind, 2008
My love, my everything - BabyTwo, Nov 2015

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2015, 13:11:04 pm »
Can you post the daytime routine for us?  I'm still wondering if that waking every 3h could be UT, we had similar issues with DS starting around 4 months x