Author Topic: one lame boob  (Read 1764 times)

Offline newmomagain

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 30, 2015, 14:13:45 pm »
I have been breastfeeding for 3 months and my son protests the left book and now I can't even pump anything but a few drops. If I keep pumping will this build supply up again or is it a lost cause at this point? Help cause I am lopsided too😤

Offline newkidontheblock

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 42
Re: one lame boob
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 14:37:48 pm »
How long has he been rejecting it? Have you tried nursing in different positions? My DD did the same thing around the age but I managed to get her back to the breast using the football hold. Other things that can work -- starting to nurse on the left side so at least there is some stimulation and then switching to the right if he gets frustrated. Or offer the left one when he is full and won't mind hanging around. Or put him on that side when he is still groggy/sleepy after a nap - basically dream feed. You can also try skin to skin

I do think that if you keep up the stimulation to that breast with baby and pump regularly, you can get your supply back. That being said, I believe many mums have had a successful nursing relationship with even one side. But don't give up hope. It might just be a weird phase.

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
Re: one lame boob
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2015, 09:20:58 am »
Also, check out this link for more info on what might be causing it.
http://kellymom.com/bf/got-milk/lopsided/
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011

Offline okinawamama

• Showing Appreciation 16
  • Stephanie
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2015, 13:04:40 pm »
I can't speak from experience, but i had a friend who's son refused one side as well. That side went on to dry up and she exclusively breast fed him on a single side for a year. I hope your LO decides to feed from the other side! But, if not, you can sustain him on one side.
toddler A 3/16/2009
baby B 4/20/2011

Offline newmomagain

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2015, 13:52:06 pm »
Thanks for the response :) I have heard one side will sustain which is relief. I am pumping and getting some response it has been bout 7 weeks he was off it is slow but getting better. So to let others know looks like it is possible to get it back